* CATEGORY Drawer
@ 2015-03-11 11:39 Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2015-03-11 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

If I try to insert a Category drawer with C-c C-x p and select CATEGORY,
I get the error:

org-entry-put: The CATEGORY property cannot be set with `org-entry-put'

I don't understand why I'm not able to do this. I'm using org-8.3beta.

Thanks, Colin.

* Re: CATEGORY Drawer
@ 2015-03-11 13:11 ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2015-03-11 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> If I try to insert a Category drawer with C-c C-x p and select CATEGORY,
> I get the error:
>
> org-entry-put: The CATEGORY property cannot be set with `org-entry-put'

Same here.

> I don't understand why I'm not able to do this. I'm using org-8.3beta.

I also think this is not the desired behavior when looking at
(info "(org)Categories").

Possibly you want to work around the current behavior by dropping "CATEGORY"
from variable `org-special-properties'.  E.g. use

(setq org-special-properties '(__the_list_without_"CATEGORY"__))

Ciao,
                                          Marco
--
http://www.wahlzone.de
GPG: 0x49010A040A3AE6F2

* Re: CATEGORY Drawer
@ 2015-03-11 16:36 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-11 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Baxter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> If I try to insert a Category drawer with C-c C-x p and select CATEGORY,
> I get the error:
>
> org-entry-put: The CATEGORY property cannot be set with `org-entry-put'
>
> I don't understand why I'm not able to do this. I'm using org-8.3beta.

This should be fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: CATEGORY Drawer
@ 2015-03-11 17:27   ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2015-03-11 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
>
>> If I try to insert a Category drawer with C-c C-x p and select CATEGORY,
>> I get the error:
>>
>> org-entry-put: The CATEGORY property cannot be set with `org-entry-put'
>>
>> I don't understand why I'm not able to do this. I'm using org-8.3beta.
>
> This should be fixed. Thank you for reporting it.
>

> Regards,

Dear Nicolas,

Do I report it as a bug, or do I leave it you? I'm a newbie.

Thanks,

Colin.

* Re: CATEGORY Drawer
@ 2015-03-11 17:33     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-11 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Baxter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> Do I report it as a bug, or do I leave it you? I'm a newbie.

I meant: this is now fixed. You just need to update Org.

* Re: CATEGORY Drawer
@ 2015-03-11 17:43       ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2015-03-11 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
>

>> Do I report it as a bug, or do I leave it you? I'm a newbie.
>
> I meant: this is now fixed. You just need to update Org.
>
> Regards,

Hi, Nicolas,

Yes, it's fixed on Org-mode version 8.3beta
(release_8.3beta-900-g69e6f4). Thanks!

Best wishes,

Colin.