For curiosity I also tested a wrong-syntax input: - 5) if the user edits manually the :PROPERTIES: block and adds an empty-valued property (example: :prop1:) and he forgets to add at least one whitespace character after :prop1: then the tests 1)-2)-3)-4) fail I'd say: 5) is acceptable behaviour, but special care must be taken by users that hand-edit empty-valued properties, as it's easy to miss a whitespace while typing. > and thanks for reporting this, Thanks to you for your work on this one. Cheers, Andrea