Hi Samuel, > recent maint, have not tried in -Q. Me neither. ;) > summary: point moves and zoom level reverts when refreshing agenda > > 1] > > i find that, > > when i do an agenda agenda [daily/weekly] and i have point on a task, > > and i go do something in the task and nearby nodes, and a bunch of > other things, and return to the agenda, > > and refresh agenda view [and also just in case any of the markers god > out of date and could cause corruption if i operated on a task from > the agenda], > > that point moves from the task. i wonder if it makes sense to try to > keep point on the task that it was on? I also find the point movement erratic sometimes in the agenda. IIUC the line number gets stored for the agenda and after agenda-redo point is set to that line number again. I also thought a bit about a better behavior. One could implement a heuristic which trys to place point at a line which looks "very much" like the line which contained point before the redo. But I'm not sure how crazy that is. > 2] i also find that refreshing resets the zoom level created using > text-scale-increase. i wonder if this can also be preserved. to me, > refreshing refers to updating the contents of the agenda view, not > things like text scale. This is a wanted feature AFAICT. I think the following patch is a reliable way to achieve the preservation of text-scale for agenda-redo. Ciao, Marco