From: Marco Wahl <marcowahlsoft@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] Document level property drawer
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 11:48:48 +0200	[thread overview]

Gustav Wikström <gustav@whil.se> writes:

> I'd like to take the next step with this patch. I'm hesitant to do it
> without wider support though, since only a few people have commented.
>
> @Marco Wahl; As I understand you've applied the patch and tried it
> out. Have you found any issues yet? What do you think of the patch
> after having used it for a while?

Indeed I applied your patch and have it applied still.  Please note that
I did nothing fancy and in particular I did not try to break the patch.

The patch works good for me.

Noteworthy observations AFAICT:

1. I could not translate my personal "#+TODO: . N ~ | x c g >" into a
respective :TODO: property.

2. With org-ids turned on and point before the first heading, function
org-store-link creates an org-id property at the document level.

Regarding number 1. I think a list of document-level properties which
don't behave the same when used in the document property drawer would be
nice.  Ideally this list is empty AFAICT.  Maybe I overlook something.
Is this an issue?

I think observation 2. is just a little surprise but turns out to be
natural when the document level property drawer is enabled.

Still +1 for the inclusion of the patch and HTH,
--
Marco