* Exporting custom dynamic blocks
@ 2015-05-19 13:22 Bernhard Schmitz
From: Bernhard Schmitz @ 2015-05-19 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

What is the canonical way of exporting custom dynamic blocks? Is there a mechanism similar to org-dblock-write: only for exporting dblocks? I cannot find any documentation on this.

To give a little background to my question: I am currently writing a conversion from deadlines/schedules/effort to pgf-gantt charts. This was discussed before on this list, but I couldn't find anyone actually implementing it.
Ideally I would like to create a custom dynamic block that contains the result of my parsing and computation, and then have a custom exporter for that dynamic block that creates the pgf-gantt code, so that I can later add exporters for other formats, e.g. html.

If there is no such mechanism, what is the best way of storing that pgf-gantt source code so that it gets integrated into latex export, but doesn't interfere with other exporters? Currently I'm simply writing the pgf-gantt code into the custom block, and this does get exported correctly to latex, but produces error boxes in html.

Regards,
Bernhard

* Exporting custom dynamic blocks
@ 2015-05-19 14:58 Bernhard Schmitz
From: Bernhard Schmitz @ 2015-05-19 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

What is the canonical way of exporting custom dynamic blocks? Is there a mechanism similar to org-dblock-write: only for exporting dblocks? I cannot find any documentation on this.

To give a little background to my question: I am currently writing a conversion from deadlines/schedules/effort to pgf-gantt charts. This was discussed before on this list, but I couldn't find anyone actually implementing it. (In case someone wants to try: https://github.com/HeyFlash/emacs-stuff/blob/master/experiments/org-gantt-experiment.el )
Ideally I would like to create a custom dynamic block that contains the result of my parsing and computation, and then have a custom exporter for that dynamic block that creates the pgf-gantt code, so that I can later add exporters for other formats, e.g. html.

If there is no such mechanism, what is the best way of storing that pgf-gantt source code so that it gets integrated into latex export, but doesn't interfere with other exporters? Currently I'm simply writing the pgf-gantt code into the custom block, and this does get exported correctly to latex, but produces boxes with error messages in html.

Thank you & regards,
Bernhard