* http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/ broken
@ 2015-01-29  5:58 Svjatoslav Agejenko
From: Svjatoslav Agejenko @ 2015-01-29  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Button "Show Org source" on page
http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/
does not work.

When I click it, some text quickly flashes and disappears.
Tried on recent Google Chrome and Opera browsers.

Best regards,
Svjatoslav

* Re: http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/ broken
@ 2015-01-29  9:09 ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2015-01-29  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Svjatoslav,

> Button "Show Org source" on page
> http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/
> does not work.

my first thought was that the issue could be an outdated compressed
version the javascript file.  This thought was a bit esoteric and
actually the compression was not to blame.

> When I click it, some text quickly flashes and disappears.
> Tried on recent Google Chrome and Opera browsers.

Same for conkeror.

I think the most important question here is what to expect from pressing
the button.  AFAICS the Org source is
http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/index.org.

Hopefully someone will explain which action the button is supposed to
trigger.

Best regards,  Marco
--
http://www.wahlzone.de
GPG: 0x49010A040A3AE6F2

* Re: http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/ broken
@ 2015-01-30  9:40 ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2015-01-30  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Svjatoslav Agejenko <svjatoslav@svjatoslav.eu> writes:

> Button "Show Org source" on page
> http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/
> does not work.

You could try the explicit
http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/index.html instead.  The
button's action depends on the concrete form of the URL in particular
the substring "html".

HTH,  Marco
--
http://www.wahlzone.de
GPG: 0x49010A040A3AE6F2

* Re: http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/ broken
@ 2015-02-01 14:48   ` Svjatoslav Agejenko
From: Svjatoslav Agejenko @ 2015-02-01 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 10:40 +0100, Marco Wahl wrote:
> Svjatoslav Agejenko <svjatoslav@svjatoslav.eu> writes:
>
> > Button "Show Org source" on page
> > http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/
> > does not work.
>
> You could try the explicit
> http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/index.html instead.  The
> button's action depends on the concrete form of the URL in particular
> the substring "html".

That last link with explicit index.html seems to work. Still when
searching Google for org-mode related things it directed me there:
http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/

And this URL looks valid by itself. No hints anywhere that I shall use
index.html suffix.

I hope whoever is responsible will fix this.

Best regards,
Svjatoslav

@ 2015-02-02 12:25     ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2015-02-02 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

>> Svjatoslav Agejenko <svjatoslav@svjatoslav.eu> writes:
>>
>> > Button "Show Org source" on page
>> > http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/
>> > does not work.
>>
>> You could try the explicit
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/index.html instead.  The
>> button's action depends on the concrete form of the URL in particular
>> the substring "html".
>
> That last link with explicit index.html seems to work. Still when
> searching Google for org-mode related things it directed me there:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/
>
> And this URL looks valid by itself. No hints anywhere that I shall use
> index.html suffix.

BTW also many other pages on worg have this button also
e.g. http://orgmode.org/worg/.  The relevant code in those pages is

#v+
<script type="text/javascript">
    function rpl(expr,a,b) {
      var i=0
      while (i!=-1) {
         i=expr.indexOf(a,i);
         if (i>=0) {
            expr=expr.substring(0,i)+b+expr.substring(i+a.length);
            i+=b.length;
         }
      }
      return expr
    }

    function show_org_source(){
       document.location.href = rpl(document.location.href,"html","org.html");
    }
</script>
#v-

and it looks like a template.  A reasonable fix to make the button work
for URLs without suffix 'index.html' might be to change this code
accordingly.

Unfortunately my finding-fu was not enough to find the source of that
code.

> I hope whoever is responsible will fix this.

It's the community AFAICS.  Let's hope she will do something.

Best regards,  Marco
--
http://www.wahlzone.de
GPG: 0x49010A040A3AE6F2