* dynamic block for ordered list of all clock intervals
@ 2014-02-20  0:01 Andrea Rossetti
From: Andrea Rossetti @ 2014-02-20  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Org users,

  recently I had to clock several small tasks,
switching repeatedly from one to the other, and
wanted to see the chronological history of all
the CLOCK intervals, i.e. no sums/aggregations
by day/week.

  So I wrote a (first rough version of a) dynamic
block function for it, you may see it in this example:

https://raw.github.com/thesoftwarebin/the-emacs-software-bin/master/clock-history/clock-history.org

  May I please ask if that function "reinvents
the wheel", i.e. if there's already a function
in Org to extract that same list.

  Thanks, kindest regards.

  Andrea

* Re: dynamic block for ordered list of all clock intervals
@ 2014-02-27 20:27 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-02-27 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Rossetti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andrea Rossetti <andrea.rossetti@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Org users,
>
>   recently I had to clock several small tasks,
> switching repeatedly from one to the other, and
> wanted to see the chronological history of all
> the CLOCK intervals, i.e. no sums/aggregations
> by day/week.
>
>   So I wrote a (first rough version of a) dynamic
> block function for it, you may see it in this example:

I don't think anybody has answered.  Just for information, you can
achieve pretty much what you wanted using the agenda: "v c".  The clock
view shows all clocked events for the particular period the agenda is
displaying, whether day or week or year...  And it shows gaps if there
are any during any given day (where the day start is customisable).

I use this all the time.

In the same view, you can of course add in the clock report with "v
r" if you do want aggregation.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.2, Org release_8.2.5h-633-gec0998

* Re: dynamic block for ordered list of all clock intervals
@ 2014-02-27 23:00   ` Andrea Rossetti
From: Andrea Rossetti @ 2014-02-27 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Andrea Rossetti <andrea.rossetti@gmail.com> writes:
>> wanted to see the chronological history of all
>> the CLOCK intervals, i.e. no sums/aggregations
>> by day/week.
>
> I don't think anybody has answered.  Just for information, you can
> achieve pretty much what you wanted using the agenda: "v c".  The clock
> view shows all clocked events for the particular period the agenda is
> displaying, whether day or week or year...  And it shows gaps if there
> are any during any given day (where the day start is customisable).
>
> I use this all the time.

Me too, from now on :-) Eric, sincerely thank you for
the directions. "v c", "v r" and "v l" are the commands
I was looking for. Kindest regards, Andrea