* Archive to date-tree
@ 2011-11-02 14:02 Andrew Hyatt
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Andrew Hyatt @ 2011-11-02 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Would anyone be interested in the ability to archive to the current
date in date-tree instead of an archive file?  I'm toying with the
idea of implementing this, and I could send it in as a patch when it
is done, or just leave it as a personal module if no one is
particularly interested.

* Re: Archive to date-tree
@ 2011-11-02 14:16 ` suvayu ali
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-11-02 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Hyatt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 15:02, Andrew Hyatt <ahyatt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would anyone be interested in the ability to archive to the current
> date in date-tree instead of an archive file?  I'm toying with the
> idea of implementing this, and I could send it in as a patch when it
> is done, or just leave it as a personal module if no one is
> particularly interested.

Sounds like a useful feature. Why not share and leave it up to the
maintainers to decide whether to include or not? :)

--
Suvayu

* Re: Archive to date-tree
@ 2011-11-02 14:24 ` Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2011-11-02 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:02:06 -0400
Andrew Hyatt <ahyatt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would anyone be interested in the ability to archive to the current
> date in date-tree instead of an archive file?  I'm toying with the
> idea of implementing this, and I could send it in as a patch when it
> is done, or just leave it as a personal module if no one is
> particularly interested.

+1 from me

Detlef

* Re: Archive to date-tree
@ 2011-11-02 14:44 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2011-11-02 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Hyatt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andrew Hyatt <ahyatt@gmail.com> writes:

Hi, Andrew,
> Would anyone be interested in the ability to archive to the current
> date in date-tree instead of an archive file?  I'm toying with the
> idea of implementing this, and I could send it in as a patch when it
> is done,
I agree with  suvayu.
> or just leave it as a personal module if no one is
> particularly interested.

:-) egoist ! :-)

Pleae, consider also to upload it on worg as a hack or function.

cheers,
Giovanni

* Re: Archive to date-tree
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2011-11-03  1:27 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-11-03  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Hyatt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Hyatt <ahyatt@gmail.com> writes:

> Would anyone be interested in the ability to archive to the current
> date in date-tree instead of an archive file?  I'm toying with the
> idea of implementing this, and I could send it in as a patch when it
> is done, or just leave it as a personal module if no one is
> particularly interested.

I'm interested in this feature.  I'm also in how it fits with the use of
persons who said they were interested.

Thanks for sharing!

--
 Bastien