From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
To: Jan Teubel <teubel.jan@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, 42199@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: Re: bug#42199: Suggestion: Offer Emacs manual, org-mode manual, org-guide in double-sided fashion for printing
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2020 22:17:14 +0300	[thread overview]

> From: Jan Teubel <teubel.jan@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 12:44:09 +0000
>
> This email is not a bug report, but a polite suggestion to
> provide/offer Emacs manual, org-mode manual and org-guide in
> double-sided fashion for printing (PDF files).
>
> I would like to print out the whole Emacs manual, org-mode manual and
> org-guide on paper in double-sided fashion using the provided PDF
> files [1][2]. In the PDF file of the Emacs and org-mode manuals (and
> org-guide), every page number is located on the right side, which is
> only suitable for single-sided printing (in my opinion). That is why I
> have refrained from printing the whole manuals.

We don't provide the PDF files in the Emacs tarballs.  We provide the
Texinfo sources.  So you should be able to modify the Texinfo as you
describe, and then print the manuals as you'd like.

IOW, I don't think I understand why there's a need to make a change in
Emacs to support your request: you can do that yourself.

Am I missing something?