* BUG sorting function
@ 2011-01-09 20:46 Fritjof
From: Fritjof @ 2011-01-09 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I think i found a bug. The sorting function dosn't seem to tell the
difference between '*bold*' and '* heading' at the beginning of a line,
and when a heading have *bold* tekst at the beginning of a line, trying to
sort will give this error: "Region to sort contains a level above the the
first entry"

Reproduce with:

* heading
** subheading
*not a heading*
some texkt

----
Also second level headings can't be bold, they show up as normal text.

Reproduce with:

* heading
** *subheading*

- Fritjof
(Org mode v7.01)

* Re: BUG sorting function
@ 2011-01-11 18:23 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-01-11 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fritjof; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Fritjof <fritjofl@gmail.com> writes:

> I think i found a bug. The sorting function dosn't seem to tell the
> difference between '*bold*' and '* heading' at the beginning of a
> line,  and when a heading have *bold* tekst at the beginning of a
> line, trying to  sort will give this error: "Region to sort contains a
> level above the the  first entry"
>
> Reproduce with:
>
> * heading
> ** subheading
> *not a heading*
> some texkt

I can confirm this bug (using emacs from bzr and a fresh org pull).

A subtree will not sort if it contains any line beginning with a single
asterisk.

Best,
Matt

* Re: BUG sorting function
@ 2011-01-11 19:35 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-01-11 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fritjof; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Fritjof,

thanks for the report, Matt, thanks for the confirmation.

On Jan 9, 2011, at 9:46 PM, Fritjof wrote:

> I think i found a bug. The sorting function dosn't seem to tell the
> difference between '*bold*' and '* heading' at the beginning of a
> line, and when a heading have *bold* tekst at the beginning of a
> line, trying to sort will give this error: "Region to sort contains
> a level above the the first entry"
>
> Reproduce with:
>
> * heading
> ** subheading
> *not a heading*
> some texkt

Yes, this was a bug, fixed now.

> ----
> Also second level headings can't be bold, they show up as normal text.
>
> Reproduce with:
>
> * heading
> ** *subheading*

Is this an issue in the in-emacs representation of for Export?

- Carsten

> - Fritjof
> (Org mode v7.01)

* Re: BUG sorting function