Hello, I have always concerned myself that a table column formula returns what is expected.and is correct. However I never paid attention to the echo area and I just noticed that it displays the following message "cells in region copied, use M-x org-table-paste-rectangle to paste them in a table" when I C-c C-c on the formula in the following table | 1 | | 2 | | 3 | |   | #+tblfm: @>$>=vsum(@1..@>>) The correct result is returned. Have I been ignoring something for the past several years, i.e. has the above message always been displayed? Just wondering. Charlie Millar