From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
To: John Tait <johngtait@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: "Tag hierarchy" idea
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 17:04:47 +0530	[thread overview]

IIUC, what you are saying is that you would like to define few atomic
tags and a few composite tag. A composite tag is presumably a union of
some of those atomic tags. You need an ability to selectively export of
the items that fall under the composite tag.

Orgmode allows selective viewing (and exporting) of tagged documents. I
think all you need is to define a query and export only the visible
portion of the document. (I don't use tagging much but you can get
useful information from the manual)

It still it beats me how would you solve the problem of migrating
existing word documents in to Orgmode. Looks like that is a much bigger
problem right there than the lack of facility for elaborate hierarchical
organization.

Jambunathan K.