* ODT Exporter
@ 2011-12-27 14:31 Rainer Thiel
From: Rainer Thiel @ 2011-12-27 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I had noticed Org Mode v. 7.8 integrates Jambunathan's ODT exporter
that I had used successfully when it was still labelled as a
contribution.

After installing org-mode 7.8 on my Windows XP machine, I can't seem
to be able to use the ODT exporter, though.  Trying to do so, I am
getting the error message "Cannot find factory styles file. Check
package dir layout".  I have set the variable org-odt-styles-dir to
C:/Programme/Emacs/site-lisp/org/styles where OrgOdtStyles.xml and
OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml reside, to no avail.

Any ideas what I maay have overlooked?

Many thanks in advance

Rainer Thiel
--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
Institut für Altertumswissenschaften

* Re: ODT Exporter
@ 2011-12-27 14:44 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-12-27 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: r.thiel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer Thiel <r.thiel@uni-jena.de> writes:

> I had noticed Org Mode v. 7.8 integrates Jambunathan's ODT exporter
> that I had used successfully when it was still labelled as a
> contribution.
>
> After installing org-mode 7.8 on my Windows XP machine, I can't seem
> to be able to use the ODT exporter, though.  Trying to do so, I am
> getting the error message "Cannot find factory styles file. Check
> package dir layout".  I have set the variable org-odt-styles-dir to
> C:/Programme/Emacs/site-lisp/org/styles where OrgOdtStyles.xml and
> OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml reside, to no avail.

May I know how you have installed Org on your machine? Is it ELPA or
make <something>?

Do this: M-x locate-library RET org-odt RET

Note the directory reported. (Make sure that it is the along the
expected lines. If this is not the case, you may have to remove the old
installation.)

For things to work properly, org-odt-styles-dir should be
<dir-reported-above>/../etc/styles/*.xml.

Note that copying by hand shouldn't be necessary nor should you set the
org-odt-styles-dir explicitly by hand. Everything should happen
auto-magically.

Jambunathan K.

> Any ideas what I maay have overlooked?
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Rainer Thiel

* Re: ODT Exporter
@ 2011-12-27 15:02   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-12-27 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: r.thiel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Rainer Thiel <r.thiel@uni-jena.de> writes:
>
>> I had noticed Org Mode v. 7.8 integrates Jambunathan's ODT exporter
>> that I had used successfully when it was still labelled as a
>> contribution.
>>
>> After installing org-mode 7.8 on my Windows XP machine, I can't seem
>> to be able to use the ODT exporter, though.  Trying to do so, I am
>> getting the error message "Cannot find factory styles file. Check
>> package dir layout".  I have set the variable org-odt-styles-dir to
>> C:/Programme/Emacs/site-lisp/org/styles where OrgOdtStyles.xml and
>> OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml reside, to no avail.
>
> May I know how you have installed Org on your machine? Is it ELPA or
> make <something>?
>
> Do this: M-x locate-library RET org-odt RET
>
> Note the directory reported. (Make sure that it is the along the
> expected lines. If this is not the case, you may have to remove the old
> installation.)
>
> For things to work properly, org-odt-styles-dir should be
> <dir-reported-above>/../etc/styles/*.xml.
>
> Note that copying by hand shouldn't be necessary nor should you set the
> org-odt-styles-dir explicitly by hand. Everything should happen
> auto-magically.

Make sure your Makefile has the following changes:

http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commitdiff;h=e514982ae126c058b965dd00393b4e68e5f8522d

> Jambunathan K.
>
>> Any ideas what I maay have overlooked?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance
>>
>> Rainer Thiel

* Re: ODT Exporter
@ 2011-12-27 18:09 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-12-27 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Bastien

Rainer

> I had noticed Org Mode v. 7.8 integrates Jambunathan's ODT exporter
> that I had used successfully when it was still labelled as a
> contribution.
>
> After installing org-mode 7.8 on my Windows XP machine, I can't seem
> to be able to use the ODT exporter, though.  Trying to do so, I am
> getting the error message "Cannot find factory styles file. Check
> package dir layout".  I have set the variable org-odt-styles-dir to
> C:/Programme/Emacs/site-lisp/org/styles where OrgOdtStyles.xml and
> OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml reside, to no avail.
>
> Any ideas what I maay have overlooked?

The problem is with the 7.8.02 release tar.

I see that it still has the buggy Makefile.

(The buggy Makefile was subsequently fixed by Dave as part of this
thread: http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg50043.html)

The workaround for the above issue is this: Replace the Makefile in
release tar with the one down below before doing a 'make install'.

http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=blob_plain;f=Makefile;hb=e514982ae126c058b965dd00393b4e68e5f8522d