* Org -> markdown
@ 2012-05-30  2:45 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2012-05-30  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hey guys,

Is there any tool out there that converts org to markdown? I'm sure it
wouldn't be difficult to come up with something, but if there's something
I'd rather use it. I'd like to write my blogposts in org and then automate
exporting to markdown to my jekyll blogs.

- Marcelo.

* Re: Org -> markdown
@ 2012-05-30  3:23 ` brian powell
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: brian powell @ 2012-05-30  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

* PanDoc!

http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <
celoserpa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Is there any tool out there that converts org to markdown? I'm sure it
> wouldn't be difficult to come up with something, but if there's something
> I'd rather use it. I'd like to write my blogposts in org and then automate
> exporting to markdown to my jekyll blogs.
>
> - Marcelo.

* Re: Org -> markdown
@ 2012-05-30  3:53   ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2012-05-30  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brian powell; +Cc: Org Mode, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa

On May 30, 2012 8:54 AM, "brian powell" <briangpowellms@gmail.com> wrote:

> * PanDoc!
>
> http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/

As far as I know Pandoc only has an org output.  So org > markdown won't
work, but org > html > markdown will work.

You could also try org-jekyll without having to convert to markdown.

* Re: Org -> markdown
@ 2012-05-30  3:55   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-05-30  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brian powell; +Cc: Org Mode, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa

brian powell <briangpowellms@gmail.com> wrote:

> * PanDoc!
>
> http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/
>
> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hey guys,
>
>     Is there any tool out there that converts org to markdown? I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to
>     come up with something, but if there's something I'd rather use it. I'd like to write my
>     blogposts in org and then automate exporting to markdown to my jekyll blogs.
>
>     - Marcelo.

AFAICT (from reading the web page, not from any actual experience),
pandoc can convert markdown to org but not the other way round.

Nick

* Re: Org -> markdown
@ 2012-05-30  4:14     ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-05-30  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Org Mode, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> brian powell <briangpowellms@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> * PanDoc!
>>
>> http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/
>>
>> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
>> <celoserpa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>     Hey guys,
>>
>>     Is there any tool out there that converts org to markdown? I'm
>> sure it wouldn't be difficult to
>>     come up with something, but if there's something I'd rather use
>> it. I'd like to write my
>>     blogposts in org and then automate exporting to markdown to my jekyll blogs.
>>
>>     - Marcelo.
>>

> AFAICT (from reading the web page, not from any actual experience),
> pandoc can convert markdown to org but not the other way round.

Pandoc *does have* difficulty converting Org tables to Markdown tables.
I did work on partial Org->Markdown converter (org-e-markdown.el)
(around the time WikEmacs made it's entry.)  I am unable to locate the
file right now.

> Nick

* Re: Org -> markdown
@ 2012-05-30 11:00   ` Mikkel Kristiansen
From: Mikkel Kristiansen @ 2012-05-30 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi Marcelo
Once in a while I use ORGMODE-Markdown to export to markdown, found
it here:

https://github.com/alexhenning/ORGMODE-Markdown

The project haven't seen any updates the last two years though (according to github)

--
Mikkel Kristiansen

* Re: Org -> markdown
@ 2012-08-29 19:13     ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa