Footnotes: [1] I find the Org's regular way of drawing the grid lines a bit out of the normal (scholarly?). Internally, I needed some control over the table cells for supporting numbered equations (which uses tables). Also a user will prefer "Top-aligned" content for text-intensive tables and "Centre-aligned" content for text-sparse tables. [2] LibreOffice's Autoformat facility for tables is richer than what ODF-1.2 templating mechanism provides for. Unfortunately it is difficult to configure by hand (as is required for the odt exporter). Honestly speaking, I had to spend quite a good amount of time tinkering with automatic styles used with the attached files and I am certain that any sort of in-built advanced templating mechanism within the odt exporter would be, what to say, utter madness. I really wish LibreOffice supported custom styles for table related components.