From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
To: hindiogine@gmail.com
Cc: emacs-org <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: export to ODT
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 13:49:29 +0530	[thread overview]

Henri

Info manual has some useful info on odt exporter. See

http://orgmode.org/manual/OpenDocumentText-export.html#OpenDocumentText-export

It's relatively a reliable way to explore the capabilities of the
exporter.

> I got the following line in my *Messages* buffer:
>
> Use of MathJax is incompatible with ODT exporter. Using dvipng instead.
>

> I do know about this MathJax.

(Very roughly) what this message tries to convey is this:

If you have LaTeX fragments in your Org file you are better off using
dvipng instead of MathJax.  This message concerns with the following
config line (implicit or explicit)

It is also a cue to the developer that ODT and HTML exporter still needs
LaTeX->MathML functionality.

If it doesn't trouble you don't bother about it much.

> When the odt file is loading I get a message window from LibreOffice
> with a general error.  Then it goes away and the file continues

In my experience this typically happens when the XML is *not*
well-formed. If OpenOffice thinks that it can get around to recover from
the non-well-formedness, then it continues loading the file by repairing
it. In othercases, OpenOffice may not be able to recover from the
malformed XML and in that it case it simply says the file is corrupt and
resigns from the task at hand.

One thing you could do for identifying the root cause of this error is:

1. Switch to *.odt buffer (C-x n whatever.odt)
2. Open the content.xml  (Hit RET on content.xml)
3. Do a C-u C-c C-n (M-x rng-first-error)

You will be able to identify the error and surrounding the context which
is problematic.

This will help you with constructing a minimal sample that reproduces
the error.

> There are a few issues with merging lines and no space in between
> them, but overall it looks great.

Please add few more lines of description. Send me a minimal sample that
reconstructs these issues.

> Thanks to the developer(s) or org-odt!!!

Thanks for trying out org-odt and feeding back your experiences.