* unnamed :results
@ 2011-01-01 23:34 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-01-01 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Aloha all,

In the course of updating an Org-mode file to take account of the new
file output handling for R, I noticed a change in the naming of
results blocks.  In the example below, the top #+results: line was
produced with the most recent Org-mode from git.  The previous
behavior is on the following line.

#+srcname: r-complete-length-histogram-pdf
#+begin_src R :results output graphics :file r/adze_len_eg.png :var
x=whole-adzes
  library(ggplot2)
  adze.len <- ggplot(x, aes(length_poll))
  adze.len + geom_histogram()
#+end_src

#+results:
[[file:r/adze_len_eg.png]]

#+results: r-complete-length-histogram-pdf
[[file:r/adze_len_eg.png]]

The only change (other than updating Org-mode) was the addition of
graphics to the :results header argument.

All the best,
Tom

* Re: unnamed :results
@ 2011-01-05 16:20 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-01-05 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org Mode

Hmm,

I think the code has always named results blocks after the code block
when the code block has a name.  I would expect your "new" behavior
below to have been the standard behavior since the early days of babel.

Best -- Eric

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> In the course of updating an Org-mode file to take account of the new
> file output handling for R, I noticed a change in the naming of
> results blocks.  In the example below, the top #+results: line was
> produced with the most recent Org-mode from git.  The previous
> behavior is on the following line.
>
> #+srcname: r-complete-length-histogram-pdf
> #+begin_src R :results output graphics :file r/adze_len_eg.png :var
> x=whole-adzes
>   library(ggplot2)
>   adze.len <- ggplot(x, aes(length_poll))
>   adze.len + geom_histogram()
> #+end_src
>

> #+results:
> [[file:r/adze_len_eg.png]]
>
> #+results: r-complete-length-histogram-pdf
> [[file:r/adze_len_eg.png]]
>
> The only change (other than updating Org-mode) was the addition of
> graphics to the :results header argument.
>
> All the best,
> Tom

* Re: unnamed :results
@ 2011-01-05 18:23   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-01-05 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Eric,

I went back and looked at this again.  The same code block writes a
named results block now, as it should.  I must have put Org-mode in an
unstable state earlier.  Sorry for the noise.

Tom