Eric > > I've just pushed up an implementation of the functionality described at > the link above, see [1] for examples and details. > > Footnotes: > [1] http://eschulte.github.com/babel-dev/DONE-tangle-entire-org-mode-file-in-comments.html > I have pulled your changes and examined it. Some commets: Comment #1: Org Manual > Org Manual - Section 14.8.2.7 comments > org - Include text from the original org-mode file which preceded the > code block as a comment which precedes the tangled code. I suggest the following wording - "Include text from the org-mode file as a comment. The text is picked from the leading context of the tangled code and is limited by the nearest headline or source block as the case may be." Comment #2: Perceived gaps In my original case, 1. Tangling happens in-place. The source and target buffers are one and the same only their major made changes. i.e., it is destructive. Think of 'replace-region' ... 2. There is no lossage. I can tangle to elisp-mode and untangle it to org-mode without any round-trip losses. With your changes, the following are lost - the 'trailing' text and the 'stars' in the headline. That said, I have upgraded my request to a generic API (see attachment) and I am not too particular about my original use-case (which I agree as 'contrived', 'drastic' and 'one-off') Jambunathan K. Attachments: This for the benefit of the list. I had accidentally unicast the reply. My recent transition to gnus has made me very clumsy.