Jeremy > What about the second patch ? I'm very interested in seeing it > merged. I did a quick run of the attached patch (authored by you). When I do this: #+ATTR_ODT: :anchor page [[./org-mode-unicorn.png]] I see that the image is anchored to the page as expected. But the moment I attach a caption and label to it like this: #+CAPTION: caption #+LABEL: label #+ATTR_ODT: :anchor page [[./org-mode-unicorn.png]] the image is no longer anchored to the page. I need to make additional modifications to achieve the desired effect for captioned images. (Let me do this modification myself.) I am wondering what your use case is. For example, when someone does this: #+ATTR_ODT: :anchor page [[./org-mode-unicorn.png]] some text #+ATTR_ODT: :anchor page [[./org-mode-unicorn.png]] what do you think should be the desired behaviour. Practically, I see that the images get super-posed one on top of the other on the same page (i.e, effectively I see only one image). I am wondering what the trick is to embed multiple page anchored images in the document.