From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
To: Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Update org-mode
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 17:23:05 +0530	[thread overview]

Dror Atariah <drorata@gmail.com> writes:

> It seems like I have to install the package manager.
>
> I followed the instructions in the org-mode FAQ. Added:
>
> (setq load-path (cons "~/Library/elisp" load-path))
> (require 'package)
> (package-initialize)

Add this line at the end of the init file. This ensures that the
load-path would point to the elpa version of org.

> To my .emacs, where packages.el located in ~/Library/elisp.
>
> Then, when I restart Aquamacs I get the following error:
>
> Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading `/Users/drorata/.emacs':
>
> Symbol's value as variable is void: package-subdirectory-regexp

http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git/blob_plain/1a0a666f941c99882093d7bd08ced15033bc3f0c:/lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el

I just verified that above version of package.el works fine with my
emacs-23.

If you report successful installation with the above steps I will update
the FAQ so that folks are able to use ELPA to install org on emacs-23
versions.

Steps are simple:

1. M-x list-packages
2. locate org line that reads something like "org 20110403 available ...")
3. Press 'i' to install to mark org for installation
4. Press 'x' to actually install the package

5. Reboot emacs (Recommended)

6. Do M-x locate-library RET org
   and see that you see the following line

   Library is file ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110403/org.elc

Jambunathan K.