From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
To: Alvar Maciel <alvarmaciel@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: how export to odt or mediawiki
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 22:04:07 +0530	[thread overview]

Hello Alvar

> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> wrote:
>> On 5/15/11 4:45 PM, Alvar Maciel wrote:
>>>
>>>  any way to
>>> export to odt
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> See http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#convert-to-open-office
>>
>> Jambunathan K's org-odt exporter is IMO the *best* way to get ODT, but since
>> it's not yet included into Org, you need to be comfortable with checking out
>> his git branch.
> Thanks Christian, I download the packge form
> http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-jambu.git/shortlog/refs/heads/staging
> run make and make install. but I don't know if I have to add something
> to my .emacs or wat is the command to export?

I think adding (require 'org-install) or (require 'org-odt) should be
sufficient.

Visit your Org file and do C-c C-e O to export it to odt. If the above
command doesn't work you may have to change your load-path.

Since you are new to Orgmode (and I believe Emacs as well), I suggest
that you spend sometime looking at the FAQ. The FAQ has an entry for
Open Office exporter apart from lots of useful information.

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#convert-to-open-office

May be in a week or so I will try create an ELPA tarball for the odt
exporter ...

Jambunathan K.