From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
To: "Martin Gürtler" <martin.guertler@gmx.de>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug in odt export of org files with footnotes
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:51:21 +0530	[thread overview]

Martin Gürtler <martin.guertler@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I started using the new odt export feature of org mode, and it turns out
> to be very useful, and I am very pleased with the results. I am using
> the latest version available with the package manager of emacs-snapshot
> in debian (20120216).

I am not sure what version of Orgmode this corresponds to...What does
M-x org-version RET say.

If Debian picks from Emacs-24.1 bzr repo then the Orgmode there is
atleast 2 months old.

If they are picking up from GNU ELPA, http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/ then
it is likely to be fairly recent.

> There, the export of documents with footnotes seems to be broken.

Footnote export in ODT was known to be broken[1] with the following is
true:

,----
|   (setq org-footnote-section nil)
`----

May I know what value do you use one your end?

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-02/msg00124.html

> A minimal document is provided at end. It exports without problems .

> As soon as I add a footnote (say, at the end of "The software
> system...numbers:", the exported document breaks. It can still be
> opened in libreoffice, but a complete section is missing.

Could you please try out the earlier suggestions?

Providing a complete Org file (with footnotes) is necessary so that
there is no confusion on what we are looking at.

With a footnotes added, I was able to export just fine with the version
of Org in the git repo.

> In a more complex document, libreoffice crashed when trying to open
> the document, and I recognised missing closing xml tags in
> content.xml.

To debug such issues see FAQ and Org manual.
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#debugging-org-odt
- (info "(org) Validating OpenDocument XML")

You most likely need OpenDocument schema files available for validation
to proceed. This you can confirm by checking the value of:

C-h v org-export-odt-schema-dir

or visiting the directory

C-h v org-odt-data-dir

ODF schema files are available from the git repo. See link below. Make
sure you download the files in raw form.

http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=tree;f=contrib/odt/etc/schema;hb=HEAD

Let me know how things go.