This is a formal request to integrate my org-html.el & org-odt.el changes in to the master branch. This patch introduces 3 major features: 1. A generic exporter 2. All new html backend re-implemented as a plugin to (1). 3. A odt backend as a plugin to (1). The patch is based on git commit 3d802. I am attaching a sample test.org and test.html file generated by the above set of changes. Http URL for the repo is: - http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-jambu.git/shortlog/refs/heads/staging (`staging' branch of `org-jambu.git') Let me know if you have any questions. ps: Considering the amount of effort I have already invested in these patches it is almost impossible for me to break down this monolithic patch in to series of smaller patches. I would be willing to accommodate all other requests.