* [BUG] ORG-LIST-END-MARKER within table.el table
@ 2011-04-21 17:43 Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-04-21 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Export the following fragment to html

* Another Table.el Table with Spanning

  +----------+----------+
  | Header 1 | Header 2 |
  +----------+----------+
  | R1 C1-2             |
  +----------+----------+
  | R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
  +          +----------+
  |          |          |
  +----------+----------+

Examine the temporary buffer that is emitted by
`org-export-preprocess-string'. Note that there is a ORG-LIST-END-MARKER
within the table.el table.

*  Another Table.el Table with Spanning

  +----------+----------+
  | Header 1 | Header 2 |
  +----------+----------+
  | R1 C1-2             |
  +----------+----------+
  | R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
  +          +----------+
ORG-LIST-END-MARKER
  +----------+----------+

* Re: [BUG] ORG-LIST-END-MARKER within table.el table
@ 2011-04-21 17:50 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-04-21 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Additional Note:

I have a fix for emitting "complex" table.el tables [1]. The
preprocessing bug noted below is coming in the way of my patch.

Once this bug is cleared, I can submit my table.el patch for
integration.

> Export the following fragment to html
>
> * Another Table.el Table with Spanning
>
>   +----------+----------+
>   | Header 1 | Header 2 |
>   +----------+----------+
>   | R1 C1-2             |
>   +----------+----------+
>   | R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
>   +          +----------+
>   |          |          |
>   +----------+----------+
>

> Examine the temporary buffer that is emitted by
> `org-export-preprocess-string'. Note that there is a ORG-LIST-END-MARKER
> within the table.el table.
>

> *  Another Table.el Table with Spanning
>
>   +----------+----------+
>   | Header 1 | Header 2 |
>   +----------+----------+
>   | R1 C1-2             |
>   +----------+----------+
>   | R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
>   +          +----------+
> ORG-LIST-END-MARKER
>   +----------+----------+

Footnotes:
[1]  See bug report
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-12/msg00978.html

* Re: [BUG] ORG-LIST-END-MARKER within table.el table
@ 2011-04-22 13:24 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2011-04-22 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Export the following fragment to html
>
> * Another Table.el Table with Spanning
>
>   +----------+----------+
>   | Header 1 | Header 2 |
>   +----------+----------+
>   | R1 C1-2             |
>   +----------+----------+
>   | R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
>   +          +----------+
>   |          |          |
>   +----------+----------+
>

> Examine the temporary buffer that is emitted by
> `org-export-preprocess-string'. Note that there is a ORG-LIST-END-MARKER
> within the table.el table.
>

> *  Another Table.el Table with Spanning
>
>   +----------+----------+
>   | Header 1 | Header 2 |
>   +----------+----------+
>   | R1 C1-2             |
>   +----------+----------+
>   | R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
>   +          +----------+
> ORG-LIST-END-MARKER
>   +----------+----------+

This is because

                        +          +----------+

is recognized as a list item.

But this case shouldn't happen. If you span "R2 C1" cell vertically, you
get

                        +----------+----------+
                        | Header 1 | Header 2 |
                        +----------+----------+
                        | R1 C1-2             |
                        +----------+----------+
                        | R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
                        |          +----------+
                        |          |          |
                        +----------+----------+

instead, which is correct. Did you edit table by hand?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] ORG-LIST-END-MARKER within table.el table
@ 2011-04-22 19:27   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-04-22 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Nicolas

> Hello,
>
> Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Export the following fragment to html
>>
>> * Another Table.el Table with Spanning
>>
>>   +----------+----------+
>>   | Header 1 | Header 2 |
>>   +----------+----------+
>>   | R1 C1-2             |
>>   +----------+----------+
>>   | R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
>>   +          +----------+
>>   |          |          |
>>   +----------+----------+
>>

>> Examine the temporary buffer that is emitted by
>> `org-export-preprocess-string'. Note that there is a ORG-LIST-END-MARKER
>> within the table.el table.
>>

>> *  Another Table.el Table with Spanning
>>
>>   +----------+----------+
>>   | Header 1 | Header 2 |
>>   +----------+----------+
>>   | R1 C1-2             |
>>   +----------+----------+
>>   | R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
>>   +          +----------+
>> ORG-LIST-END-MARKER
>>   +----------+----------+
>
> This is because
>
>                         +          +----------+
>
> is recognized as a list item.
>
> But this case shouldn't happen. If you span "R2 C1" cell vertically, you
> get
>
>                         +----------+----------+
>                         | Header 1 | Header 2 |
>                         +----------+----------+
>                         | R1 C1-2             |
>                         +----------+----------+
>                         | R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
>
> instead, which is correct. Did you edit table by hand?

It does look like I might have polluted a table.el table. (The table I
presented has been with me for a few months now and I don't really
recollect how I created it in the first place)

I think I need to "fix" the buggy test case. Thanks a lot for pointing
this out.

Jambunathan K.