* org-end-of-line
@ 2012-10-15  7:08 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-10-15  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

When pressing `C-e' to go to the last char of a looong sentence, such as:

azroiu zrouz eruzepr ozeioru zoepru zoeruozieuriozerusdjflsdfjsdksjfsdfs df sdjf sdf sdsd fklsdjf sdj sdjlksdjf sqfjsdjf sdfklsjdjsdsdjlkmskfjsldkjfsdjfoizeoi xcsdf zerfze ze rrz zer ze sdf sd d g erg ry er fscvf dsr yh yt re gfsd f er gt z'y reg er fsd cf,sk jfshfsdc kle eozifsdnc sslk kzdjf dsl jfsdljf sdilkj fzefoizejfsdlkf sklqjfoiezrfoi

it goes up to the last char of the visual line, would that line be truncated.

In every other mode I've looked at (Message, Emacs Lisp, etc.), `C-e' does go
to the end of the physical line, _with the same untouched settings_ for
`line-move-visual' (set to `t' in `simple.el').

Why does Org behave differently?  See line 21613 in org.el:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
      (call-interactively
       (cond ((org-bound-and-true-p line-move-visual) 'end-of-visual-line) ; <<<<
             ((fboundp 'move-end-of-line) 'move-end-of-line)
             (t 'end-of-line))))
#+end_src

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: org-end-of-line
@ 2012-10-16 19:15 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-16 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org> writes:

> When pressing `C-e' to go to the last char of a looong sentence, such as:
>
> azroiu zrouz eruzepr ozeioru zoepru
> zoeruozieuriozerusdjflsdfjsdksjfsdfs df sdjf sdf sdsd fklsdjf sdj
> sdjlksdjf sqfjsdjf sdfklsjdjsdsdjlkmskfjsldkjfsdjfoizeoi xcsdf zerfze
> ze rrz zer ze sdf sd d g erg ry er fscvf dsr yh yt re gfsd f er gt z'y
> reg er fsd cf,sk jfshfsdc kle eozifsdnc sslk kzdjf dsl jfsdljf sdilkj
> fzefoizejfsdlkf sklqjfoiezrfoi
>
> it goes up to the last char of the visual line, would that line be truncated.
>
> In every other mode I've looked at (Message, Emacs Lisp, etc.), `C-e' does go
> to the end of the physical line, _with the same untouched settings_ for
> `line-move-visual' (set to `t' in `simple.el').
>
> Why does Org behave differently?  See line 21613 in org.el:

It should be fixed. Thanks for the report.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-end-of-line
@ 2012-10-17 11:34   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-10-17 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" writes:
>
>> When pressing `C-e' to go to the last char of a looong sentence, such as:
>>
>> azroiu zrouz eruzepr ozeioru zoepru
>> zoeruozieuriozerusdjflsdfjsdksjfsdfs df sdjf sdf sdsd fklsdjf sdj
>> sdjlksdjf sqfjsdjf sdfklsjdjsdsdjlkmskfjsldkjfsdjfoizeoi xcsdf zerfze
>> ze rrz zer ze sdf sd d g erg ry er fscvf dsr yh yt re gfsd f er gt z'y
>> reg er fsd cf,sk jfshfsdc kle eozifsdnc sslk kzdjf dsl jfsdljf sdilkj
>> fzefoizejfsdlkf sklqjfoiezrfoi
>>
>> it goes up to the last char of the visual line, would that line be truncated.
>>
>> In every other mode I've looked at (Message, Emacs Lisp, etc.), `C-e' does go
>> to the end of the physical line, _with the same untouched settings_ for
>> `line-move-visual' (set to `t' in `simple.el').
>>
>> Why does Org behave differently?  See line 21613 in org.el:
>
> It should be fixed. Thanks for the report.

It works like a charm. Thanks!

Best regards,
  Seb

--