Hi Dan, Dan Davison wrote: > In addition to the Org example, would you mind supplying a concise, explicit > statement of what the putative bug is? With just the Org example on its own, > the bug is implicit and I at least feel that I'm having to work hard to get > there! Hope this helps! #+TITLE: ecm-verse-2.txt #+DATE: 2010-11-20 #+LANGUAGE: en_US #+LaTeX_CLASS: mcarticle #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [final] * Context There are clearly 3 key "concepts" to be able to distinguish in nice HTML output: - Code fragments :: text files that use the specific numbers of spaces and characters to line things up. - Sample output :: Output from programs, scripts or commands. - Text giving instructions :: Typically used for quoting passages of an email message. * Examples ** Code fragment #+begin_src emacs-lisp (update this-var) (echo "OK") #+end_src ** Sample output The results of code execution is currently (or /was/ -- I need to test the patch of Eric) translated into HTML as EXAMPLE. #+begin_src sh :results output :exports both ls *.org #+end_src #+results: | Agenda-Sorting-Strategy.org | | Clock-Report.org | | org-beamer-fpu-rules.org | | org-hist.org | ** Text giving instructions EXAMPLE begin taken, if I want another "verbatim" environment, the only left to me, in HTML, is VERSE. #+begin_verse Hi Seb, In addition to the Org example, would you mind supplying a concise, explicit statement of what the putative bug is? With just the Org example on its own: - the bug is implicit and - I at least feel that I'm having to work hard to get there! Dan #+end_verse From [[http://mid.gmane.org/87mxp5q6uf.fsf%40gmail.com][Email from Dan Davison: Re: {Babel} Need for an extra ]] *I'd expect to see all the above passage from the email to be uninterpreted*. It is not acting that way. See attachment for what I'm heading to. > p.s. However, your emails did motivate the following trivial function a > few months ago which I now use every day for various purposes. > > (defun dan/switch-to-org-scratch () > "Switch to a temp Org buffer. > If the region is active, insert it." > (interactive) > (let ((contents > (and (region-active-p) > (buffer-substring (region-beginning) > (region-end))))) > (find-file "/tmp/org-scratch.org") > (if contents (insert contents)))) Thanks for sharing this... Always interesting to see what others do, what does help them in their workflows... Best regards, Seb -- Sébastien Vauban