* M-x org-agenda T returns empty buffer
@ 2011-01-04  8:21 Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-01-04  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode ml

Hey orgsters,

I've been having mountains of issues since refactoring my init file.
Right now, the one I'm stumped on is custom agenda commands. I had
quite a few that I had grown accustomed to, and they don't seem to
work anymore.

They all show empty buffers, which is also a symptom of showing the
entire TODO list using =C-a a T=.

My agenda files are set correctly. A minimum example works without
fail, but my monstrous init file does not. Any ideas about what else I
should be looking at to debug?

TIA

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/

* Re: M-x org-agenda T returns empty buffer
@ 2011-01-04  9:12 ` Sébastien Vauban
       [not found]   ` <AANLkTinrbPFa43CMOJcNHSB-QXWz2EbvN1RcJ3aN_tSn@mail.gmail.com>
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2011-01-04  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Horn wrote:
> Hey orgsters,
>
> I've been having mountains of issues since refactoring my init file.
> Right now, the one I'm stumped on is custom agenda commands. I had
> quite a few that I had grown accustomed to, and they don't seem to
> work anymore.
>
> They all show empty buffers, which is also a symptom of showing the
> entire TODO list using =C-a a T=.
>
> My agenda files are set correctly. A minimum example works without
> fail, but my monstrous init file does not. Any ideas about what else I
> should be looking at to debug?

No idea right now. Though, it could help if you would

    M-x toggle-debug-on-error

and provide us with the error stack.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Re: M-x org-agenda T returns empty buffer
       [not found]   ` <AANLkTinrbPFa43CMOJcNHSB-QXWz2EbvN1RcJ3aN_tSn@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-01-04 16:36     ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-01-04 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: Org-mode ml

2011/1/4 Jeff Horn <jrhorn424@gmail.com>:
>> No idea right now. Though, it could help if you would
>>
>>    M-x toggle-debug-on-error
>>
>> and provide us with the error stack.
>
> I would, and normally do, except there are no errors. It just fails to
> pick up *any* TODOs, ATM.

This is the oddest thing to happen to me since I started using emacs.
A restart fixed it (restarts almost never fix anything for me), but
now, emacs won't read my init file. Very strange! Probably something
to do with symlinks or something.

Thanks anyway and sorry for not trying that sooner!

--

@ 2011-01-04 16:38       ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-01-04 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: Org-mode ml

2011/1/4 Jeff Horn <jrhorn424@gmail.com>:
> This is the oddest thing to happen to me since I started using emacs.
> A restart fixed it (restarts almost never fix anything for me), but
> now, emacs won't read my init file. Very strange! Probably something
> to do with symlinks or something.
>
> Thanks anyway and sorry for not trying that sooner!

For posterity: the "restart" I mentioned above was a machine restart,
not just emacs. That's the first thing I did. :-)