* Filter depending on item level
@ 2012-04-30  2:27 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2012-04-30  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi guys,

Is there a way to filter the agenda based on the level of the item. For
example, let's say I have several items tagged as projects, but I would
like to get a list of projects that are 1st or 2nd-level items in my org
files, like:

* This would appear :project:
  * This would also :project:
    * This would not appear :project:

Is there an easy way to do this currently?

Thanks,

- Marcelo.

* Re: Filter depending on item level
@ 2012-04-30  8:22 ` Toby Cubitt
From: Toby Cubitt @ 2012-04-30  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 09:27:50PM -0500, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
> Is there a way to filter the agenda based on the level of the item.

Try the special LEVEL search property, documented in the "Matching tags
and properties" section of the manual.

Toby
--
Dr T. S. Cubitt
Mathematics and Quantum Information group

email: tsc25@cantab.net
web:   www.dr-qubit.org

* Re: Filter depending on item level
@ 2012-04-30  8:27 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-04-30  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
> Is there a way to filter the agenda based on the level of the item. For
> example, let's say I have several items tagged as projects, but I would
> like to get a list of projects that are 1st or 2nd-level items in my org
> files, like:
>
> * This would appear :project:
>   * This would also :project:
>     * This would not appear :project:
>
> Is there an easy way to do this currently?

I'm not yet expert in search-fu, but IIRC (from reading the excellent page of
Matt on advanced search, see Worg) you can construct a quite easy regexp with
the `*' symbol to represent your levels.

You'd have a search regexp in the following spirit:

    ^*{1,2} .* :project:

You need to escape some of the above symbols, though...

Please post, afterward, the regexp that worked for you.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Filter depending on item level
@ 2012-05-01 11:35 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-05-01 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to filter the agenda based on the level of the item.

If you mean "filtering the agenda view" (like `/' does tag filtering)
there is no way to filter by entry level for now.

HTH,

--
 Bastien