Hi, "Sebastien Vauban" wrote: > Sébastien Vauban wrote: >> Jonathan BISSON wrote: >>> Sébastien Vauban writes: >>>> After a couple of tests, I've observed that the postamble is forced to be >>>> included *inside* the div "content". >>>> >>>> Proof on Line 1764... These are the ending tags of every HTML page: >>>> >>>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp >>>> (unless body-only (insert "\n\n\n\n")) >>>> #+end_src >>>> >>>> ... the closing referring to the opening of "content". >>>> >>>> Shouldn't it make sense to be able to insert something *out of* the >>>> "content" div? >>> >>> I think so (and the same for preamble)! >>> >>> I rewrote org-export-as-html and did a custom org-publish-org-to-html to >>> call it, in order to get them out off the content div (you can look at a >>> first test on my webpage http://www.bjonnh.net). It's easy to do it I can >>> send you my file if you are interested. >> >> I think sharing the code here is always a good idea. >> >> However, I'd favor an approach commonly shared by others, ie by either: >> >> - moving the postamble out of the content DIV >> >> - adding an extra "environment" next to the content DIV, if the postamble must >> stay where it currently is -- for historical or compliance reasons? >> >> (same applies for preamble) > > I'm hijacking my own thread, as it received little support, and as the new > question is quite related to that: > > - if we customize the preamble, our string will be inserted as is; > > - if we customize the postamble, our string will be inserted as is... between > a wrapping div called "postamble". > > Shouldn't it be normal to apply the same reasoning for both cases: either > impose a wrapper, either not? > >> Any comment for others? Except for the reply of Jonathan, I received no answer on this. Here is thus my proposition for a better div-structured HTML. There are only four parts required in the HTML for all the magic to work with the CSS: - The first part is a container div ("content", by default) that surrounds everything. - Inside that are three more parts: + a preamble (in a div, if the user wants it), + a div "body" and + a postamble (in a div, if the user wants it). The patch is attached. Best regards, Seb -- Sebastien Vauban