* Can't use char ">" in TODO state
@ 2011-10-18 10:32 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-10-18 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

#+SEQ_TODO: NEW> TEST DONE CANX

Hello,

Instead of using the TODO state "NEW", I tried using "NEW>" so that it
occupies 4 letters, as all my other states (better display in the agenda).

Though...

* TEST Do this

Simply use S-right arrow to cycle through the different states, and you'll see
"NEW>" added many times:

- DONE Do this
- CANX Do this
- Do this
- NEW> Do this

  which "prooves" that "NEW>" is well somehow considered as a TODO state,
  being added automagically, but the next cycle steps don't succeed...

- NEW> NEW> Do this
- NEW> NEW> NEW> Do this
- ...

I find this behavior not entirely satisfying, even if I can fully accept that
">" is a forbidden character in the TODO states. For example, we could think
of a warning being generated, or of the state being fully ignored, or ...

BTW, do you have an alternative for this "NEW" state, in 4 positions? ;-)

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban