* Nick Dokos: Re: Re: Showing hidden subtree automatically if point is hidden when the buffer is opened
@ 2009-07-28 18:55 Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-07-28 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[forgot to copy the list - again...]

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:54:38 -0400
From:    Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com>
To:      User <spamfilteraccount@gmail.com>
cc:      nicholas.dokos@hp.com
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Showing hidden subtree automatically if point is hid

User <spamfilteraccount@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bastien <bastienguerry <at> googlemail.com> writes:
> >
> > If you load this *after* loading the saveplace hook then it should
> > be okay.  Thanks to Nick Dokos for shaking my brain on this :)
> >

> Well, wasn't my original solution with the null timer much nicer?

No.

> You didn't have to worry about making sure you put org-mode hook
> last and that it loads after saveplace hook.

Yes, you can be a little lazy in setting it up and then pay the
performance price for ever after.

> Now the user has to pay attention to where he sets
> up the org-mode hook, instead of simply pasting the code
> anywhere in .emacs. :-o I tend to favor solutions which avoid
> such potential problems. :)

If they don't cost anything, yes. But I'm not sure I want an idle
timer running all the time just to detect the (rare) occasions
when I want to fold a tree.

Thanks,
Nick

------- End of Forwarded Message

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-07-28 18:57 UTC | newest]