* [bug] Code blocks (in a LOB) are not ingested anymore
@ 2011-12-02  9:17 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-12-02  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

#+TITLE:     ECM for code blocks not being ingested anymore
#+DATE:      2011-12-02
#+PROPERTY:  eval yes

* Overview

Ingesting a LOB file does not load its code blocks anymore -- as if the file
was empty, or if there were no code blocks at all in it!

* Test case

** How many blocks?

There is 1 block in this file. That's what this code block should answer.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports results
(org-babel-lob-ingest (buffer-file-name))
#+end_src

#+results:
: 0

While a couple of days ago, it correctly answered "1", now it answers "0" as
you can see/test.

** Block to be found

#+name: defvar-now
#+begin_src sql
DECLARE @now smalldatetime
-- implementation is not important in this context!
#+end_src

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [bug] Code blocks (in a LOB) are not ingested anymore
@ 2011-12-03 14:52 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-12-03 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Seb,

I *do* get a single code block loaded when running your ECM.  What
values does the `org-babel-src-name-regexp' variable have on your
system?  If it is not equal to

  "^[ 	]*#\\+name:[ 	]*"

then my guess is that you have old versions of Org-mode defining this
variable, and these definitions are not updated when you load the newer
Org-mode over-top. Please see the bottom of the following commit message
for an explanation and a workaround.

  http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commit;h=7e93b90f8816346a16ad49cee22870b17c05b211

If you are using the development version of Emacs24 this problem will be
resolved after Org-mode pushes to Emacs in the coming weeks.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: [bug] Code blocks (in a LOB) are not ingested anymore
@ 2011-12-08 10:48   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-12-08 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Eric,

Eric Schulte wrote:
>> Ingesting a LOB file does not load its code blocks anymore -- as if the file
>> was empty, or if there were no code blocks at all in it!
>
> I *do* get a single code block loaded when running your ECM. What values
> does the `org-babel-src-name-regexp' variable have on your system? If it is
> not equal to
>
>   "^[ 	]*#\\+name:[ 	]*"
>
> then my guess is that you have old versions of Org-mode defining this
> variable, and these definitions are not updated when you load the newer
> Org-mode over-top. Please see the bottom of the following commit message for
> an explanation and a workaround.
>
>   http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commit;h=7e93b90f8816346a16ad49cee22870b17c05b211
>
> If you are using the development version of Emacs24 this problem will be
> resolved after Org-mode pushes to Emacs in the coming weeks.

Your analysis was 100% correct, and the root cause -- which I did not spot as
quickly -- is explained in
http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2011-12/msg00111.html.

Thanks for your help. And sorry for the noise.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban