* Error exporting indirect buffer to ASCII
@ 2008-10-21  8:25 Vladi Solutka
From: Vladi Solutka @ 2008-10-21  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I get a "wrong type argument: stringp, nil" when exporting to ASCII from
an indirect buffer. I guess the problem is in the file

org-6.09a/org-exp.el at line 1052:

 (file-name-nondirectory (buffer-file-name))

(using emacs 22.3.1)

--- \\/ladi
--- \\/ladi

* Re: Error exporting indirect buffer to ASCII
@ 2008-10-21 16:00 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-21 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladi Solutka; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Vladi,

have you customized org-export-run-in-background?

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-22  8:02   ` Vladi Solutka
From: Vladi Solutka @ 2008-10-22  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

> > I get a "wrong type argument: stringp, nil" when exporting to ASCII
> > from
> > an indirect buffer. I guess the problem is in the file
> >
> > org-6.09a/org-exp.el at line 1052:
> >
> > (file-name-nondirectory (buffer-file-name))

> have you customized org-export-run-in-background?

No, C-h v org-export-run-in-background results in:

-------snip--------------
org-export-run-in-background is a variable defined in `org-exp.el'.
Its value is nil
-------snip--------------

--- \\/ladi

* Re: Re: Error exporting indirect buffer to ASCII
@ 2008-10-22  8:21     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-22  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladi Solutka; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Well, the code snippet you mentioned is only reached if that variable
is set, or f you export using a double prefix argument..

Anyway, I believe this problem is now fixed, get back to me if it
persists in the latest git version.

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-22 11:18       ` Vladi Solutka
From: Vladi Solutka @ 2008-10-22 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

> Well, the code snippet you mentioned is only reached if that variable
> is set, or f you export using a double prefix argument..
>
> Anyway, I believe this problem is now fixed, get back to me if it
> persists in the latest git version.

I just took the latest git snapshot and get the same error
(after doing an "M-x org-export-as-ascii" from an indirect org buffer):

-----------------------snip----------------------------
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  file-name-nondirectory(nil)
  org-export-as-ascii(nil)
  call-interactively(org-export-as-ascii)
  execute-extended-command(nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command)
-----------------------snip----------------------------

As far as I can see, the variable org-export-run-in-background is never
referenced in the function 'org-export-as-ascii'.

Instead, in org-exp.el:2193 the filename is build up from using
'buffer-file-name' (line 2199) which is nil since the indirect
buffer doesn't have an associated filename.

@ 2008-10-22 15:37         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-22 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladi Solutka; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

OK, thanks, I got it now.  Fixed.