* Org-mode-version command now includes the text TAG=
@ 2010-07-25  0:26 Charles Cave
From: Charles Cave @ 2010-07-25  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I ran the command org-mode-version to verify that the latest version
of the software had been installed. The text displayed in the mini buffer was

Org-mode version TAG=7.01g

In previous versions, the text TAG= did not appear.

Is this an enhancement or a bug?

(I am converting from rememmber-mode to org-capture and will a
tutorial or two in the near future)

Charles

* Re: Org-mode-version command now includes the text TAG=
@ 2010-07-25  1:21 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-07-25  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Cave; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Charles Cave <charles.cave@gmail.com> writes:

> I ran the command org-mode-version to verify that the latest version
> of the software had been installed. The text displayed in the mini buffer was
>
> Org-mode version TAG=7.01g
>
> In previous versions, the text TAG= did not appear.
>
> Is this an enhancement or a bug?

Hi Charles,

I can confirm that for release 7.01g M-x org-version reports

Org-mode version TAG=7.01g (release_7.01g)

For 7.01f it says

Org-mode version 7.01f (release_7.01f)

For the current master I get

Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01g.24.g6b5cf)

I think the TAG= is an artifact of Carsten's new release script and it's
probably not supposed to be there.  We'll have to wait until Carsten
returns from vacation to get an answer for this one I think.

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: Re: Org-mode-version command now includes the text TAG=
@ 2010-08-07  7:04   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-08-07  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Charles Cave

On Jul 25, 2010, at 3:21 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Charles Cave <charles.cave@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I ran the command org-mode-version to verify that the latest version
>> of the software had been installed. The text displayed in the mini
>> buffer was
>>
>> Org-mode version TAG=7.01g
>>
>> In previous versions, the text TAG= did not appear.
>>
>> Is this an enhancement or a bug?
>
> Hi Charles,
>
> I can confirm that for release 7.01g M-x org-version reports
>
> Org-mode version TAG=7.01g (release_7.01g)
>
> For 7.01f it says
>
> Org-mode version 7.01f (release_7.01f)
>
> For the current master I get
>
> Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01g.24.g6b5cf)
>
> I think the TAG= is an artifact of Carsten's new release script and
> it's
> probably not supposed to be there.

Yes.  Fixed now.

- Carsten

>  We'll have to wait until Carsten
> returns from vacation to get an answer for this one I think.
>
> Regards,
> Bernt

- Carsten