* Agenda clock reports and tag filters
@ 2010-12-10 21:17 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-12-10 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Dynamic clock reports can be filtered with :tags so they only show clock
results that match that tag.

Is it possible to automatically apply the current filter list in
org-agenda-filter for the agenda clock report you get with 'R'?  I'd
like some way to add :tags 'org-agenda-filter (or something similar) to
org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist so the displayed agenda clock
report shows only tasks that match the filter.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Bernt

* Re: Agenda clock reports and tag filters
@ 2010-12-10 21:33 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-12-10 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Carsten Dominik, emacs-orgmode

On Dec 10, 2010, at 10:17 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Dynamic clock reports can be filtered with :tags so they only show
> clock
> results that match that tag.
>
> Is it possible to automatically apply the current filter list in
> org-agenda-filter for the agenda clock report you get with 'R'?  I'd
> like some way to add :tags 'org-agenda-filter (or something similar)
> org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist so the displayed agenda clock
> report shows only tasks that match the filter.
>
> Is this possible?

That is what you get if you hang 100 commits behind :)

Try `C-u R'.

- Carsten

* Re: Agenda clock reports and tag filters
@ 2010-12-10 22:08   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-12-10 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Carsten Dominik, emacs-orgmode

> On Dec 10, 2010, at 10:17 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Dynamic clock reports can be filtered with :tags so they only show
>> clock
>> results that match that tag.
>>
>> Is it possible to automatically apply the current filter list in
>> org-agenda-filter for the agenda clock report you get with 'R'?  I'd
>> like some way to add :tags 'org-agenda-filter (or something similar)
>> org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist so the displayed agenda clock
>> report shows only tasks that match the filter.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>
> That is what you get if you hang 100 commits behind :)
>
> Try `C-u R'.

Awesome :) .. and I'm up-to-date now ... I just didn't know about the
prefix for R in the agenda.  :)

@ 2010-12-11  8:03     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-12-11  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Carsten Dominik, emacs-orgmode

On Dec 10, 2010, at 11:08 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Dec 10, 2010, at 10:17 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Dynamic clock reports can be filtered with :tags so they only show
>>> clock
>>> results that match that tag.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to automatically apply the current filter list in
>>> org-agenda-filter for the agenda clock report you get with 'R'?  I'd
>>> like some way to add :tags 'org-agenda-filter (or something similar)
>>> org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist so the displayed agenda clock
>>> report shows only tasks that match the filter.
>>>
>>> Is this possible?
>>
>> That is what you get if you hang 100 commits behind :)
>>
>> Try `C-u R'.
>
> Awesome :) .. and I'm up-to-date now ... I just didn't know about the
> prefix for R in the agenda.  :)

:)  I only mean that normally you used to see the commits as they come
in and you
might have noticed this feature when it was implemented...

Not that changing the filter after getting the clock report with `C-u
R' will not change the clock report along - this would slow down the
filter changes.  So you need to refresh the agenda to update the clock
table as well.

@ 2010-12-11 13:39       ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-12-11 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On Dec 10, 2010, at 11:08 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>
>> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:

>>> That is what you get if you hang 100 commits behind :)
>>>
>>> Try `C-u R'.
>>
>> Awesome :) .. and I'm up-to-date now ... I just didn't know about the
>> prefix for R in the agenda.  :)
>
> :)  I only mean that normally you used to see the commits as they come
> in and you
> might have noticed this feature when it was implemented...
>
> Not that changing the filter after getting the clock report with `C-u
> R' will not change the clock report along - this would slow down the
> filter changes.  So you need to refresh the agenda to update the clock
> table as well.

Yes I played with it yesterday and it works great!  C-u R makes the
clock report use the current filter, changing the filter and updating
with 'g' updates the clock report using the current filter set.

This is another great example of 'hey it would be great if we could do
[this] in org-mode' and finding out it is already implemented.

Awesome work!!

Best regards,

@ 2010-12-13 17:31         ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-12-13 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Bernt and Carsten,

Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
>>>
>>> Awesome :) .. and I'm up-to-date now ... I just didn't know about the
>>> prefix for R in the agenda. :)
>>
>> :) I only mean that normally you used to see the commits as they come in
>> and you might have noticed this feature when it was implemented...
>>
>> Not that changing the filter after getting the clock report with `C-u R'
>> will not change the clock report along - this would slow down the filter
>> changes. So you need to refresh the agenda to update the clock table as
>> well.
>
> Yes I played with it yesterday and it works great! C-u R makes the clock
> report use the current filter, changing the filter and updating with 'g'
> updates the clock report using the current filter set.

As I wrote in a
[[http://mid.gmane.org/80tyjdl89g.fsf%40mundaneum.com][previous thread]],

   "I would privilege coherency of sums above small delay in table appearance.
    You know, when we look at tables for chasing time, we really need
    trustable figures.

    In fact, I don't really understand your argument: if I want quick reports,
    I would just choose for the unfiltered view. If I need detailed sums of
    clocked times, I would go for the "filtrable" view (by C-u R) and would
    accept a little delay.

    If you really don't share this vision, could you at least make this
    customizable? TIA."

I'll try to provide us with such a patch.

Now, regarding the contents of the table itself, I have a small question:
*how* can we configure the report in order *to stop showing lines* (= files)
that have *zero time*?

For example, this is what I have:

| File                 | Headline                             | Time   |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
|                      | ALL *Total time*                     | *7:08* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| GTD.org              | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| House.org            | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| Personal.org         | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| Someday.org          | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| Tickler.org          | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| bucket.org           | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| capture.org          | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| refile.org           | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| (... many others...) | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| Work.org             | *File time*                          | *3:59* |      |
|                      | Habits (Clocked)                     | 3:59   |      |
|                      | \__ Email and News                   |        | 0:40 |
|                      | \__ Organization                     |        | 3:19 |
|----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
| Client.org           | *File time*                          | *3:09* |      |
|                      | Tasks                                | 3:09   |      |
|                      | \__ TODO Prepare conference (from... |        | 3:09 |

with, in this case, the info I'm looking at way below the screen...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Agenda clock reports and tag filters
@ 2010-12-13 18:21           ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-12-13 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> Now, regarding the contents of the table itself, I have a small question:
> *how* can we configure the report in order *to stop showing lines* (= files)
> that have *zero time*?
>
> For example, this is what I have:
>
> | File                 | Headline                             | Time   |      |
> |----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
> |                      | ALL *Total time*                     | *7:08* |      |
> |----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
> | GTD.org              | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |
> |----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
> | House.org            | *File time*                          | *0:00* |      |

Hi Seb,

I use the following:

,----
| org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist is a variable defined in `org-agenda.el'.
| Its value is
| (:link nil :maxlevel 2 :fileskip0 t)
`----

HTH,

@ 2010-12-13 20:37             ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-12-13 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Bernt,

Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban writes:
>
>> Now, regarding the contents of the table itself, I have a small question:
>> *how* can we configure the report in order *to stop showing lines* (= files)
>> that have *zero time*?
>
> I use the following org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist.

Of course... I did not think at that variable anymore.

Thanks for your speedy answer!

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Agenda clock reports and tag filters
@ 2010-12-14 13:23           ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-12-14 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi,

Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>>> Not that changing the filter after getting the clock report with `C-u R'
>>> will not change the clock report along - this would slow down the filter
>>> changes. So you need to refresh the agenda to update the clock table as
>>> well.
>>
>> Yes I played with it yesterday and it works great! C-u R makes the clock
>> report use the current filter, changing the filter and updating with 'g'
>> updates the clock report using the current filter set.
>
> As I wrote in a
> [[http://mid.gmane.org/80tyjdl89g.fsf%40mundaneum.com][previous thread]],
>
>    "I would privilege coherency of sums above small delay in table
>     appearance. You know, when we look at tables for chasing time, we really
>     need trustable figures.
>
>     In fact, I don't really understand your argument: if I want quick
>     reports, I would just choose for the unfiltered view. If I need detailed
>     sums of clocked times, I would go for the "filtrable" view (by C-u R)
>     and would accept a little delay.
>
>     If you really don't share this vision, could you at least make this
>     customizable? TIA."
>
> I'll try to provide us with such a patch.
>
> For example, this is what I have:
>
> | File                 | Headline                             | Time   |      |
> |----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
> |                      | ALL *Total time*                     | *7:08* |      |
> |----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
> | Work.org             | *File time*                          | *3:59* |      |
> |                      | Habits (Clocked)                     | 3:59   |      |
> |                      | \__ Email and News                   |        | 0:40 |
> |                      | \__ Organization                     |        | 3:19 |
> |----------------------+--------------------------------------+--------+------|
> | Client.org           | *File time*                          | *3:09* |      |
> |                      | Tasks                                | 3:09   |      |
> |                      | \__ TODO Prepare conference (from... |        | 3:09 |

Am I right if I say that the ":compact t" option is not allowed, or does not
have any effect for a "columnview" table?

#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1 :id local :compact t
| Task                                    | Estim. |
|-----------------------------------------+--------|
| *** Excel table                         |    150 |
| **** WP 2 -- Pilot ready for deployment |     40 |
| ***** Finalize the report               |     10 |
| ***** Deploy a shared instance          |     20 |
| ***** Support notes                     |     10 |
| **** WP 3 -- Evolution                  |     50 |
| ***** Add new basic reports             |     50 |
#+END:

Shouldn't these be based on the same "table" core as the "clockreport"?  Or is
it possible to emulate one within the other?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban