* [Babel] Installation notes for an app
@ 2010-10-28 15:10 Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-10-28 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

#+TITLE:     Installation Notes for an app
#+LANGUAGE:  en_US

* Global constants

** Development

#+tblname: dev-params
| serverName | host1            |
| appBaseDir | /cygdrive/d/dir1 |

** Staging

#+tblname: stg-params
| serverName | host2            |
| appBaseDir | /cygdrive/d/dir2 |

** Production

#+tblname: prd-params
| serverName | host3            |
| appBaseDir | /cygdrive/d/dir3 |

* Show the params                                                       :dev:

** Statically assigned

#+begin_src sh :rownames no :var data=dev-params :exports both
echo $data
#+end_src

#+results:
: serverName host1 appBaseDir /cygdrive/d/dir1

** "Dynamically" assigned

Trying to be as adaptable as possible, I'll use the tag to refer to the right
table:

#+begin_src sh :rownames no :var data=(concat (car (org-get-tags-at (point))) "-params") :exports both
echo $data
#+end_src

#+results:
: dev-params

XXX I expected to see here the same results as in the [[*Statically%20assigned][previous version]].

PS- Instead of a tag, I could use as well some other sort of "global
constant". Right now, I do not see yet the respective gains or problems of
both. I guess I'll do in the coming days.

* Export the params

To export the params to the shell, I can process the above string with AWK or
some such.

XXX Any advice on doing it better?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-10-28 15:10 UTC | newest]