Hi Eric, Thanks for those, that is very helpful. Unfortunately, as you can see in the attached screenshot from my system, I can't replicate your issue. Could you send me the output of your confirmation, maybe from M-x org-submit-bug-report? By chance, would the file you're activating column view on be part of org-agenda? Based on your description I doubt it, but just wanted to make sure. Cheers, Nick On Tue, May 11, 2021, at 09:45, Eric S Fraga wrote: > Hi Nicholas, > > On Tuesday, 11 May 2021 at 09:32, Nicholas Savage wrote: > > When I activate column view on Headline, it applies the columns on all > > of the subheadings. Are you not seeing the same thing, or is your use > > case different? Do you have some sort of minimal file you could > > provide to show the bug? > > If point is on the first (top-level) headline, I only get the column > view for that headline and not the subheadings. > > Attached is a small(-ish) file along with a screenshot of what I get. > > The org file consists of the first three papers in a bibliography I have > (which has hundreds of entries). > > If you are seeing something different, maybe I have some setting that is > causing problems although I cannot imagine what that would be. Advice > would be welcome! > > Thank you, > eric > > -- > : Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.5-534-g8f03cd > > Attachments: > * screendump-20210511144322.png > * bug.org