Another error, this time to the memo generating remember template. With yet another apology: ("Memo" ?Z "%[~/org/MEMO/Top.2.memo] %? \n %i %& %[~/org/MEMO/Bot.memo]" "~/org/MEMO/Memo.tex" top) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Alan On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Alan E. Davis wrote: > For what it's worth, I forgot to attach one of the files. In case this is > of interest to others, it is attached herewith. > > All I really need to know is how to export ONLY the headlines that are > returned by an agenda "occur" search (C-a / ) as a PDF. > > With apologies. > > Alan > > On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Alan E. Davis wrote: > >> I am keeping notes in a single file about several topics. I can >> isolate headlines about these topics/products, by an agenda occur >> search: C-a a / . I have made a template to print a >> memo about these products, but it seems I must copy the headlines >> by hand to a register or file, then massage them into shape. >> >> I would like to do something like export a PDF of all >> entries/subtrees within the region that have the product's key >> phrase in the heading. Is it possible to selectively export only >> the subtrees identified by the Occur agenda search, automagically? >> Since my notes start with an inactive time stamp, I would like to >> strip these out as well. I think I can easily write an elisp >> function to do this, but perhaps org-mode already has such >> capabilities built in, a regexp for an inactive time stamp. >> >> Perhaps I'll spend some time over Christmas break on this. It's >> nice to easily make a memo, but it would be a big help to make it >> less laborious. >> >> In case there is interest, here are the template and the fragments >> for the head and tail of the memo. >> >> Remember template: >> ("Memo" ?Z "%[~/org/MEMO/Top.2.memo] %? \n %i %& >> %[~/org/MEMO/Bot.memo]" >> "~/or/MEMO/Memo.tex" top) >> >> The required files Top.2.memo and Bot.memo are attached. Top.2.memo >> can be edited with any hard wired recipient and from lines. The class file, >> also included, is edited to change the header on the memo. All three must >> be in the directory ~/org/MEMO. I am using the sloppy approach of >> running LaTeX on the long Memo.tex file to which the current memo has been >> pre-pended. Only the topmost memo is printed. >> >> This approach works but it is currently a kluge, unpolished. The >> enhancements I have requested would make it possible to instantly fire off a >> memo about a specific product. >> * >> >> * >> >> Alan Davis >> >> >