For what it's worth, I forgot to attach one of the files. In case this is of interest to others, it is attached herewith. All I really need to know is how to export ONLY the headlines that are returned by an agenda "occur" search (C-a / ) as a PDF. With apologies. Alan On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Alan E. Davis wrote: > I am keeping notes in a single file about several topics. I can > isolate headlines about these topics/products, by an agenda occur > search: C-a a / . I have made a template to print a > memo about these products, but it seems I must copy the headlines > by hand to a register or file, then massage them into shape. > > I would like to do something like export a PDF of all > entries/subtrees within the region that have the product's key > phrase in the heading. Is it possible to selectively export only > the subtrees identified by the Occur agenda search, automagically? > Since my notes start with an inactive time stamp, I would like to > strip these out as well. I think I can easily write an elisp > function to do this, but perhaps org-mode already has such > capabilities built in, a regexp for an inactive time stamp. > > Perhaps I'll spend some time over Christmas break on this. It's > nice to easily make a memo, but it would be a big help to make it > less laborious. > > In case there is interest, here are the template and the fragments > for the head and tail of the memo. > > Remember template: > ("Memo" ?Z "%[~/org/MEMO/Top.2.memo] %? \n %i %& > %[~/org/MEMO/Bot.memo]" > "~/or/MEMO/Memo.tex" top) > > The required files Top.2.memo and Bot.memo are attached. Top.2.memo can > be edited with any hard wired recipient and from lines. The class file, > also included, is edited to change the header on the memo. All three must > be in the directory ~/org/MEMO. I am using the sloppy approach of > running LaTeX on the long Memo.tex file to which the current memo has been > pre-pended. Only the topmost memo is printed. > > This approach works but it is currently a kluge, unpolished. The > enhancements I have requested would make it possible to instantly fire off a > memo about a specific product. > * > > * > > Alan Davis > >