I am using the LaTeX class examdesign to write exams. It seems I can pretty nicely get the header included into org for purposes of exporting. So far, I haven't figured out how to convert plain text exams to a form that examdesign can use, so I need to edit latex surrounded by #+BEGIN_LaTeX questions and sections #+END_LaTeX I have written a little elisp code to convert formatted plain text multiple choice from a CD to LaTeX, so I can get this to work once I figure out how I want to write the questions. For now, however, is there a way to use AUCTeX to edit the LaTeX in the environment above? Currently, my habit of using C-c e to enter environments is getting in the way, for example. Perhaps there is a way to easily enter environments, perhaps the "multiplechoice" environment can be defined in a variable? (and others?) Thank you. Alan Davis