emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Org-remember template: face for selection key in brackets?
@ 2009-01-12 12:55 Alan E. Davis
  2009-01-17  7:59 ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2009-01-12 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Mailinglist


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 445 bytes --]

I have a burgeoning number of templates, at least enough so I have to pause
to read through them during the selection process.

I guess there is currently not a face available for the character to select
the template (denoted by, eg., ?K).  Is it easy to add a specific bold face
to this button?

Thank you,


-- 
Alan

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
 -- Bertrand Russell

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 542 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 204 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Org-remember template: face for selection key in brackets?
  2009-01-12 12:55 Org-remember template: face for selection key in brackets? Alan E. Davis
@ 2009-01-17  7:59 ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-01-17 13:08   ` Alan E. Davis
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-17  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan E. Davis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mailinglist

Hi Alan,

doing this only for remember template selection would cause an
interface inconsistency within Org.  Maybe I can create a variable
that will govern this throughout Org, but it would be quite
some work to find and change all the prompts.  On the other
hand, I believe the interface will become better after James'
rewrite of the remember interface, so lets wait for this
and take another look then.

- Carsten


On Jan 12, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Alan E. Davis wrote:

> I have a burgeoning number of templates, at least enough so I have  
> to pause to read through them during the selection process.
>
> I guess there is currently not a face available for the character to  
> select the template (denoted by, eg., ?K).  Is it easy to add a  
> specific bold face to this button?
>
> Thank you,
>
>
> -- 
> Alan
>
> It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
> there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
> -- Bertrand Russell
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Org-remember template: face for selection key in brackets?
  2009-01-17  7:59 ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-01-17 13:08   ` Alan E. Davis
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2009-01-17 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mailinglist


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1660 bytes --]

Carsten:

Thanks for the thought and explanation.  It's ok as is, and I think with a
change in my working habits---ie., color-theme, this problem all but goes
away.  I have gone and weeded out my templates, as well.

Alan

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> doing this only for remember template selection would cause an
> interface inconsistency within Org.  Maybe I can create a variable
> that will govern this throughout Org, but it would be quite
> some work to find and change all the prompts.  On the other
> hand, I believe the interface will become better after James'
> rewrite of the remember interface, so lets wait for this
> and take another look then.
>
> - Carsten
>
>
>
> On Jan 12, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Alan E. Davis wrote:
>
>  I have a burgeoning number of templates, at least enough so I have to
>> pause to read through them during the selection process.
>>
>> I guess there is currently not a face available for the character to
>> select the template (denoted by, eg., ?K).  Is it easy to add a specific
>> bold face to this button?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>>
>> --
>> Alan
>>
>> It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
>> there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
>> -- Bertrand Russell
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
>> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
>> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
>> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode
>>
>
>


-- 
Alan Davis

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
 -- Bertrand Russell

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 2497 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 204 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2009-01-17 13:08 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-01-12 12:55 Org-remember template: face for selection key in brackets? Alan E. Davis
2009-01-17  7:59 ` Carsten Dominik
2009-01-17 13:08   ` Alan E. Davis

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).