From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev <nikolay.kudryavtsev@gmail.com>
To: Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Update to org-protocol-capture-html
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 09:52:27 +0300	[thread overview]

I'm using 9.0 too. It's just that I'm also using Windows. Maybe it's the
only platform where this happens.

I even got the idea that you could use single slashes there from
test-org-protocol.el, since the documentation for org-protocol is outdated.

Weirdly some tests in test-org-protocol.el use single slash, while some
use double. I guess we need a comment on this from org-protocol dev.

Yeah, I've seen emacsclient stockpiling, it happens on Windows and
should also happen on some other platforms, I guess, depending on how
their protocol support and/or OS processes are implemented. By default
emacsclient creates a process that waits till server reports that it's
finished editing it. This works for stuff like git and other places
where you want to edit something and then do something else from an
external app. But for places where you're not doing anything else it's
kind of pointless.

Bonus somewhat offtopic question: I remember that you could create a
capture template that captures immediately, without launching a capture
window. How is it done? Forgot to write down the instructions, the last
time I tinkered with org-protocol.

--
Best Regards,
Nikolay Kudryavtsev