* Special properties -- doc buglet?
@ 2011-01-22 13:01 Tommy Kelly
From: Tommy Kelly @ 2011-01-22 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In section "7.2 Special properties" the current online org manual says:

"The following property names are special and should not be used as keys
in the properties drawer:

CATEGORY
"

Is it correct to have "CATEGORY" in that list? I thought that putting it
as a key into the property drawer was exactly how to specify categories.

Tommy

* Special properties -- doc buglet?
@ 2011-01-22 16:22 Tommy Kelly
From: Tommy Kelly @ 2011-01-22 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In section "7.2 Special properties" the current online org manual says:

"The following property names are special and should not be used as keys
in the properties drawer:

CATEGORY
"

Is it correct to have "CATEGORY" in that list? I thought that putting it
as a key into the property drawer just is how to specify categories.

Tommy

* Re: Special properties -- doc buglet?
@ 2011-01-24  8:40 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-01-24  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tommy Kelly; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jan 22, 2011, at 5:22 PM, Tommy Kelly wrote:

> In section "7.2 Special properties" the current online org manual
> says:
>
> "The following property names are special and should not be used as
> keys
> in the properties drawer:

> CATEGORY
> "
>

> Is it correct to have "CATEGORY" in that list? I thought that
> putting it
> as a key into the property drawer just is how to specify categories.

It is in the list because it is a special property.  So for example

     (org-entry-get nil "CATEGORY")

will get you a value for the category even it it is not defined as a
property of the current entry.  It will use inheritance and also #
+CATEGORY lines.

But you are right that it *is* allowed in drawers - I have updated the
manual accordingly.

- Carsten

* Re: Special properties -- doc buglet?
@ 2011-01-30 14:50 ` David Maus