On Feb 26, 2009, at 4:53 PM, Jason F. McBrayer wrote: > Eric S Fraga writes: > >> On 2009-02-25, Carsten Dominik wrote: >>> [...] >>> I have been thinking that it might be better to force links into >>> footnotes for ascii export..... >>> >>> What do you think? >> >> I, for one, would find this very attractive. And it's in line with >> what some of the text based web browsers generate in ascii dumps of >> web pages. > > I think that's a good idea, as well. It might even be particularly > nice to format the links and the footnotes in such a way that a > [Markdown][1] processor could understand them. > > [1]: http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/ Hmmm, I see what you mean - but I don't think that is a realistic use case. If you have an org document, would you then want to go through ASCII and then markdown for HTML instead of using the direct route? And I think that I get 10 times more traffic from [Google] than from [Yahoo] or [MSN]. is still easier to read than I get 10 times more traffic from [Google][] than from [Yahoo][] or [MSN][]. So I would need a convincing argument to make it exactly markdown format. - Carsten