* new to drawers
@ 2014-05-10 19:11 Steven Arntson
From: Steven Arntson @ 2014-05-10 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm having trouble getting drawers to collapse, and am wondering if I'm
misunderstanding their nature. I make an active region in an org-mode
doc on, for instance, "sample text" and invoke C-c C-x d, which invites
me to name the drawer. I name it "test," and RET, which gives me:

:test:
sample text
:END:

":END:" is colored green by org-mode, but "test" isn't.

And it won't go through any kind of visibility cycle. I've tried [TAB]
and shift+TAB, and shift+arrowkey, and don't get any response. Using
emacs 24.3.1 and org 7.9.3f. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
steven arntson

* Re: new to drawers
@ 2014-05-10 22:38 ` Dieter Schoen
From: Dieter Schoen @ 2014-05-10 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Arntson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Sat, 10 May 2014 12:11:53 -0700,
Steven Arntson wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting drawers to collapse, and am wondering if I'm
> misunderstanding their nature. I make an active region in an org-mode
> doc on, for instance, "sample text" and invoke C-c C-x d, which invites
> me to name the drawer. I name it "test," and RET, which gives me:
>
> :test:
> sample text
> :END:
>

> ":END:" is colored green by org-mode, but "test" isn't.
>
> And it won't go through any kind of visibility cycle. I've tried [TAB]
> and shift+TAB, and shift+arrowkey, and don't get any response. Using
> emacs 24.3.1 and org 7.9.3f. What am I doing wrong?

i can confirm this behaviour, it's the same over here.
something is recognised as drawer if its name is either in the list
'org-drawers or defined in the current file with #+DRAWERS.

try to add "test" either to org-drawers
e.g.
(setq org-drawers '("PROPERTIES" "CLOCK" "LOGBOOK" "RESULTS" "test2"))

or add it to the file's headers:
#+DRAWERS: HIDDEN STATE PROPERTIES BIG  low

and revert the buffer, if it's already open.
as a hint: in my settings, a drawer is colored green.
if you use an undefined string for a drawer name, it is white. so you quickly
see, if your string is a defined drawer.
and another, you can get completetions with TAB when you do C-c C-x d, your
string should be in the list.

kind regards,
dieter

* Re: new to drawers
@ 2014-05-10 22:43   ` Dieter Schoen
From: Dieter Schoen @ 2014-05-10 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Arntson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Sun, 11 May 2014 00:38:15 +0200,
Dieter Schoen wrote:

> e.g.
> (setq org-drawers '("PROPERTIES" "CLOCK" "LOGBOOK" "RESULTS" "test2"))
>
> or add it to the file's headers:
> #+DRAWERS: HIDDEN STATE PROPERTIES BIG  low

i shouldn't write emails after midnight..

the examples should read:
(setq org-drawers '("PROPERTIES" "CLOCK" "LOGBOOK" "RESULTS" "test"))

#+DRAWERS: HIDDEN STATE PROPERTIES test

but i think you would have got the idea..

dieter

* Re: new to drawers
@ 2014-05-11  5:37     ` Steven Arntson
From: Steven Arntson @ 2014-05-11  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dieter Schoen <dieter@schoen.or.at> writes:

> At Sun, 11 May 2014 00:38:15 +0200,
> Dieter Schoen wrote:
>>
>> e.g.
>> (setq org-drawers '("PROPERTIES" "CLOCK" "LOGBOOK" "RESULTS" "test2"))
>>
>> or add it to the file's headers:
>> #+DRAWERS: HIDDEN STATE PROPERTIES BIG  low
>
> i shouldn't write emails after midnight..
>
> the examples should read:
> (setq org-drawers '("PROPERTIES" "CLOCK" "LOGBOOK" "RESULTS" "test"))
>
> #+DRAWERS: HIDDEN STATE PROPERTIES test
>
> but i think you would have got the idea..
>
> dieter

Okay, I see--I thought you could just arbitrarily title them. Which
would be a nice feature, IMHO! But this works fine for me, actually--for
my use-case, it's fine to just use the predefined RESULTS title.

Thank you!
steven

* Re: new to drawers
@ 2014-05-11  6:06       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2014-05-11  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Steven Arntson writes:
> Okay, I see--I thought you could just arbitrarily title them. Which
> would be a nice feature, IMHO!

This is already implemented, but you need to use the latest Org version.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: new to drawers
@ 2014-05-11 12:02         ` Nick Dokos
                             ` (2 more replies)
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-05-11 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Steven Arntson writes:
>> Okay, I see--I thought you could just arbitrarily title them. Which
>> would be a nice feature, IMHO!
>
> This is already implemented, but you need to use the latest Org version.

I thought so too, but when I tried it, I got the same result as Steven.
I'll try to dig down a bit more.

--
Nick

* Re: new to drawers
@ 2014-05-11 14:44           ` Dieter Schön
From: Dieter Schön @ 2014-05-11 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 11. Mai 2014 14:02:13 MESZ, Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> wrote:
>Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:
>
>> Steven Arntson writes:
>>> Okay, I see--I thought you could just arbitrarily title them. Which
>>> would be a nice feature, IMHO!
>>
>> This is already implemented, but you need to use the latest Org
>version.
>>

>I thought so too, but when I tried it, I got the same result as Steven.
>I'll try to dig down a bit more.
>
>--
>Nick

There is also a variable with a regex,
which you can use. I do not remember the exact name,
but you can find it on the help page of org-drawers.

Dieter

* Re: new to drawers
@ 2014-05-11 14:45           ` Dieter Schön
From: Dieter Schön @ 2014-05-11 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2014-05-21 13:31           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-05-21 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> I thought so too, but when I tried it, I got the same result as Steven.
> I'll try to dig down a bit more.

Did you find something?
I cannot reproduce the OT problems here on master.

--
 Bastien

* Re: new to drawers
@ 2014-05-21 13:42             ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-05-21 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I thought so too, but when I tried it, I got the same result as Steven.
>> I'll try to dig down a bit more.
>
> Did you find something?
> I cannot reproduce the OT problems here on master.

Sorry, I didn't - I ran out of time.

Nick