* start-day is lost in clock report mode and log mode of custom agenda view
@ 2010-11-08  6:10 Liang Wang
From: Liang Wang @ 2010-11-08  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have a custom agenda view like this,

("g" "Calendar"
             ((agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 1)
                          (org-deadline-warning-days 7)))))

When I press R to show clock report or l to show log mode, it always
goes to today.  So I get information about today but this is not what
I want.  It seems that start-day information is lost for this custom
agenda view.

The default C-c a a does not have this issue.

Thanks,
Liang.

* Re: start-day is lost in clock report mode and log mode of custom agenda view
@ 2010-11-08  6:25 ` Liang Wang
From: Liang Wang @ 2010-11-08  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Liang Wang <netcasper <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a custom agenda view like this,
>
> ("g" "Calendar"
>              ((agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 1)
>                           (org-deadline-warning-days 7)))))
>
> When I press R to show clock report or l to show log mode, it always
> goes to today.  So I get information about today but this is not what
> I want.  It seems that start-day information is lost for this custom
> agenda view.

Let me make it clear.

For example, I'm look at 2010-11-01 in this custom agenda view.
I want to look at clock report so I press R.  But this custom
agenda view goes to today.  For me, it's 2010-11-08.  I have to

* Re: start-day is lost in clock report mode and log mode of custom agenda view
@ 2010-11-21 13:47   ` Flavio Souza
From: Flavio Souza @ 2010-11-21 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Liang Wang <netcasper@gmail.com> writes:

> Liang Wang <netcasper <at> gmail.com> writes:
> For example, I'm look at 2010-11-01 in this custom agenda view.
> I want to look at clock report so I press R.  But this custom
> agenda view goes to today.  For me, it's 2010-11-08.  I have to

I do experience the same behavior sometimes.

Altough it is not a big issue for me.

But sometimes I am on agenda view and go back a few days.

Then I realize I want to take a look at how I spent my time on that
day. I use "R" to see it. But agenda goes all the way back to today.

It could be easier if the "R" stayed on the current day where "R" is called.

* Re: start-day is lost in clock report mode and log mode of custom agenda view
@ 2010-11-25 16:55 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-11-25 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liang Wang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Liang,

the reason that this is not working here is that you
are using a block agenda, which in principle can contain
a number of agenda view in a simple buffer.  If could, for
example, contain this weeks agenda, and the agenda of the
same week a year ago - or whatever you want. Since Org
knows little about what might happen in the block, the
command to refresh the current view is simply to call
the entire block agenda again.  You can see this when
looking at the value of the variable org-agenda-redo
command in the agenda buffer.

org-agenda-redo-command is a variable defined in `org-agenda.el'.
Its value is
(org-run-agenda-series "Calendar"
		       '(((agenda ""
				  ((org-agenda-ndays 1)
				   (org-deadline-warning-days 7))))))

Thus there is no memory of the starting day for the agenda list.

If you would not use a block view, but instead a simple agenda list

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
       '(("g" "Calendar"
	 agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 1)
		    (org-deadline-warning-days 7)))))

and press "b" to go back in time a few time, you will see that the
redo command is now:

org-agenda-redo-command is a variable defined in `org-agenda.el'.
Its value is
(org-agenda-list 'nil 734100 1)

which does contain a memory of the starting day (the
number 734100).  So in this case Org understands the
command well and is able to reproduce the view correctly.

The reason why this comes into play when switching to
clock report is that the "R" key toggles a flag and
then requilds the entire agenda, this time with
clock report.

Hope this makes it clear and offers a way out.

- Carsten

@ 2010-11-26  1:10   ` 王亮
From: 王亮 @ 2010-11-26  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

Thanks, I see.  I don't know usage of multiple agendas before.