* Table formula changes are not always necessary when moving rows
@ 2011-02-28 11:43 Tom
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Tom @ 2011-02-28 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a table in which I sum the values of all rows in the last
row: vsum(@1..@-I-1). The problem is when move a row with M-up
before the first row (e.g. I press M-up on the second row) then
org modifies this formula to vsum(@2..@-I-1).

This is not always the expected behavior, because in this case I
just want to move the data in the rows, but still want to sum the
values of all the rows from the first to the last. A similar case
is when I want to insert a row before the first row of such a
table. In that case too the formulas should be left alone,
because I still want to sum all the rows, including the newly
inserted first row.

In such cases when the formula is modified Org should either
print warning to the echo area, so the user notices when the
formulas are changing because of the move, or it should ask the
user what to do ("do you want to modify the formulas?").