* quickly adding files to agenda..
@ 2008-12-04 14:57 sergio
From: sergio @ 2008-12-04 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

i am having an issue with aquamacs right now that is forcing me to
rebuild my agenda list every time i restart emacs..

this is probably a more generally emacs question, but i thought this
list might be a good place to start..

i have all my org files in a directory called 'orgfiles'...

what i would like to do is mark all my files in dired or something
similar, then crank them all through C-c [ .

right now, i have to open each file and C-c [ it..

any ideas?

___
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
www.village-buzz.com

* RE: quickly adding files to agenda..
@ 2008-12-04 15:09 Sullivan, Gregory (US SSA)
From: Sullivan, Gregory (US SSA) @ 2008-12-04 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio, emacs-orgmode

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/8992/match=sullivan

illustrates the use of 'find-lisp-find-file'
HTH.

--Greg

--
Gregory T. Sullivan, Ph.D.
BAE Systems Advanced Information Technologies

       [not found] <7b4dai$agrqs@dmzms99901.na.baesystems.com>
@ 2008-12-04 15:49 ` sergio
From: sergio @ 2008-12-04 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Dec 4, 2008, at 10:09 AM, Sullivan, Gregory (US SSA) wrote:

> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/8992/match=sullivan
>
> illustrates the use of 'find-lisp-find-file'

i am not good at lisp at all, but i have it slated to learn over
christmas..

but..

here's what i am doing in my .emacs file.. then evaluating each
command to test:

(load-library "find-lisp") <- this works ..

(find-lisp-find-files "~/orgfiles" "\.org") <- just for testing. when
i run it, it spits out a list of my org files..

now, i am not sure how to phrase this:

to make org-agenda see the whole thing..

any ideas?

thanks so much!
___

@ 2008-12-04 16:22 Sullivan, Gregory (US SSA)
From: Sullivan, Gregory (US SSA) @ 2008-12-04 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio, emacs-orgmode

You could try the line

(setq org-agenda-files (find-lisp-find-files "~/orgfiles/" "\.org"))

I don't actually use this method for my setup, but that should work.

--Greg

@ 2008-12-04 18:04 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2008-12-04 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

sergio <sergio@village-buzz.com> wrote:

> i have all my org files in a directory called 'orgfiles'...
>
> what i would like to do is mark all my files in dired or something
> similar, then crank them all through C-c [ .
>
> right now, i have to open each file and C-c [ it..

Would it help to add the directory itself to org-agenda-files?  Perhaps
it should be the sole entry, perhaps you have other org files somewhere
else that you want to include in the agenda; but if the directory is in
the list, then the agenda will pick up items from newly created files in
that directory, e.g. with org-agenda-redo (that's bound to "g" in the
agenda buffer).

HTH,
Nick