Hello all, In a number of LaTeX commands (as in \title), there is the following format: \title[]{} This format is also supported in Org at some keywords, (e.g CAPTION). From the docs [1]: """ Optionally, the caption can take the form: #+CAPTION[Caption for list of tables]: Caption for table. """ and this is exported to the following in LaTeX: \caption[Caption for list of tables]{Caption for table.} I assume that adding this functionality to the general #+TITLE field, might be problematic, since it will involve a number of non-LaTeX exporters. So, would it be possible to add a new metadata field #+SHORT_TITLE, to replace this functionality? For example, the following org code: """ #TITLE: This is a very long title that I don't want to see in my Table of contents #SHORT_TITLE: This is better """ would render into: """ \title[This is better]{This is a very long title that I don't want to see in my Table of contents} """ Thoughts / ideas? Did I miss something that already does this? Cheers, Georgios P.S. My motivation for this, is that I use Org-Mode to create Beamer slides, and this always messes up the way the title is shown in the footer. [1]: https://orgmode.org/manual/Images-and-tables.html