On 11/08/16 13:23, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Joost Kremers writes: > >> I just ran into org-ebib.el, a file that's part of org-contrib. >> I noticed that it uses functions from Ebib that were renamed pretty >> much exactly two years ago. (They're internal functions and thus got >> an extra dash.) This could in principle be fixed by changing the >> relevant function calls in org-ebib.el, but as it happens I'm about to >> push some changes to Ebib that will make it less straightorward to fix >> org-ebib.el. > > OK. > > So you mean there is no equivalent to both > > (ebib-cur-entry-key) > > and > > (ebib-db-get-field-value 'title key ebib-cur-db) > > ? > >> So perhaps it would be best to simply remove org-ebib.el from >> org-contrib? It doesn't seem to have been used by anyone the past two >> years and all it does is define a function to store an org link to an >> Ebib entry, which, IIUC, is done in a completely different way in Org >> 9.0. > > "org-ebib.el" is already compatible with Org 9.0. > > I'm Cc'ing the author. Ideally this library should be updated to new > Ebib and moved to some ELPA. > > If Grégoire doesn't want to take care of it and no one volunteers to > maintain that file, we can remove it. I don't use this package anymore. If anyone uses it, s/he take over it, otherwise we can just remove it from org-contrib. Best, > > We should at least wait for a week in any case. > > Regards, >